Chapter 6

Baby5 's POV

{Next day: Rakesh, Port Town}

Today at Rakesh town, we're about to take some action. Doflamingo wasn't really happy last night's dinner. He found out that these people just bow down their heads to us only to betray as in the end. Doffy really hates when someone isn't faithful to him so they need to be punished for what they've done.

Gladius uses his left arm to burst open the iron sealed door. The betrayers inside knew what was to come as we could see their scared faces. The door went straight to them, crushing a couple of them down. All of us went inside, revealing our presence to them.

"The Donquitoxe Family!  Shoot! Shoot!"

The man with a bowler/derby black colored hat and dressed in a suit that has his  tinted sunglasses on yells. They all fire at us, unfazed by their little gun play, Gladius took the initaitive and pulled out a gun and fires at them. With his gun not having bullets, he pulled another one and aim at them. Now, it's my time to shine.

"Armmorphosis!"

I elegantly twirl around and raised my right leg, creating a huge gun to fire bullets at them. Giolla pulls out her shotgun and aims at them. Senior Pink used his devil fruit ability and swam on the floor, getting near the enemies and fires bullets at them. Michvise quickly ran into them and jumped high enough.

"Ten Ton Vise!" - Michvise

With his devil fruit, he squashed at least four men under him. The last man to get the job done was Lao G. He fought with his bare hands, punching them as they flew away. All our enemys were knock down to the ground. We started to work, getting the money and their precious belongings around their body unto their pockets. Then thoughts started to wonder.

"Hey, what kind of place is the White Town where that kid was from?" 

"People called the whole land Flevance."- Gladius.

"Flevance?"

"Yeah. The citizens were all rich and the towns were all white, from the soil to the plants, like a snow country in a fairy tale. I heard the country was out of this world." - Gladius.

  "Eh?!" 

"One day, they discovered White Lead, a type of lead, underground and found out that was the source of fantastic scenery. They made utensils, paint, sweeteners, cosmetics, and even weapons out of White Lead. People all over the world wanted to buy their high-quality White Lead goods and it became Flevance's major industry. The quick-eyed World Government went into the transport business to ship that merchandise. White Lead made People a fortune." - Gladius

Lao G suddenly joined in our conversation as he put a stack of money on the briefcase he was holding since earlier.

"The White Town was the land everyone longed for."

He stood up as he proceed to walk to us while carrying the briefcase with him. We were ready to leave once he was done.

"Oh, I wanna go there!"

I exclaimed happily. People longed for that town, it means the place is really, really wonderful to take a look or pay a visit sometime. But my hopes of going there shattered when Lao G's face showed an obvious frown expressed on his face.

"Lon *g* ed for! There's a *G* ! But it's gone now." - Lao G.

He did his weird G signature pose.

"What?"

"About a century ago, when the White Lead Industry was established, the World Government performed a geological survey in the country and the fact is they had already known the truth." - Lao G.

Lao G spoke while all of us head out the warehouse, were approaching another targeted place to get their money out of them. I was in between Gladius and Lao G, eager to hear what they have to say about the place, Flevance. The men, our enemies keeps on shooting bullets and bombs at us but it doesn't bother us even a bit. 

"It was poison." - Gladius.

"What?"

" Poison that was not harmful unless you dig it up. But if you handle it somehow, it'll erode your body."- Gladius.

"Erode?"

" The poison will harm your body just by touching it." - Lao G

" What?!"

"Knowing this but blinded by the easy fortune to be had, the Government and the royalty of that country kept it secret. The citizens kept digging up White Lead knowing nothing." - Gladius

"If they did so, they will die."

"Yeah." - Gladius

Gladius, irritated by the sound of guns aiming at us, he pulled his gun out and shoots a couple of men down.

" But the terrible part was it only contained traces of poison. Say, the Lead keeps building up in a young person's body, when he was a child, the child will, actually, have a shorter life expectancy. When the kid grows up and has his own child that child's life expectancy is even shorter. Life expectancy got shorter generation to generation and eventually, a generation doomed to die before adulthood, just like Law, was born. When the World finally realized White Leadis poisonous...It was too late." - Gladius

The overwhelming feelings lingering inside my heart all burst out as tears shown flowing down my cheeks. I never knew that a place as splendid as it was discribed by many turned into a horrible nightmare of a place in the end. It was like a life of fairy tale that turned into a nightmare of it's reality.

"At some point, people started to collapse one after another. Grand parents, parents and then children, because of the differences in their life expectancies , all generations fell ill around the same time. Their skin and hair got whiter rapidly and people died one after another with their entire bodies in pain. No doctor could stop that." - Gladius.

"Then all the people in his country died?!" 

I-it c-can't b-be...  Gladius didn't respond to my question, the answer was obvious but I was hoping my conclusions were wrong.

"I feel sorry..."

"The real tragedy began after that." Senior Pink

"What?"

"Seeing the people in the White Town all dying with the same symptoms, the people in the neighboring countries thought lead disease was contagious. So they blocked all the country completely and took quarantine measures against the White Town. The royalty got help from the Government and escaped the country at an early stage. The citizens were abandoned. People from the White Town who were looking to get treated and... immigrate to other countries, were feared as if they were monsters escaping from the cage and...they were shot dead."- Senior Pink.

Chills went down my spine as I slowly learned what happened to the place everyone longed for before. While still walking in a fast pace, He took out a cigar and light it up, taking a smoke.

"They really *swept it under the rug* " - Senior Pink

A man suddenly went straight for him, he dodge him and swing his leg to the man's stomach, letting the hit harden as the man flew away because of the powerful strength of Senior Pink's kick. 

"The pain of the disease was just somebody else's problem. Very human like...But Flevance couldn't kept quiet. Ironically, they had tons of lead bullets. Eventually, a war broke out! Other countries justified their actions as self defense so they showed no mercy! I'm sure you can imagine the rest." - Senior Pink

Finally, after dodging bullets and kick butts with the men, we approached the ship. Fully wrecked as we were the reason for it's damage but it wasn't our ship so we really didn't care. The ones on the ship were taken care of not to long ago and we searched for their money and belongings, raiding the ship from top to bottom.

"Flevance, the White Town, perished. By people's hands at last. If a ten year old kid went through such a thing...Of course, it screws up his personality." - Senior Pink.

~To Be Continued~