☪ | serenity

‘ serenity ’

naruhina oneshot 01.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Serenity.

It was there with Hinata when she'd lowered herself onto the sofa, book in hand.

It was there as she sipped her tea and buried herself between the pages. Not even the clatter of her mug as she set it back down mindlessly could pull her away from the story weaved through the pages.

As a young kunoichi, seen as a freak, the Hyuuga heiress, and even soon after as a hopeless failure, Hinata could turn to fantasies as a way to escape, to explore a world better than her own. She didn't have to activate her bloodline gift to see further, she simply had to immerse herself and let the story do the work.

Those times were behind her now, but she always found the time to fill her head with the what-ifs and happily-ever-afters presented on the cream paper in inked words.

It didn't quite serve the same purpose for her as it once had, though.

Now, instead of the silver lining on a grey cloud, it was the golden lining on a silver one.

It was enjoyable to leave her world for an hour or two, but Hinata wouldn't trade anything for the life she had now.

The slight click of the front door opening caused her to glance up, the hopeful thought of another presence, her favorite presence, moved her to close her book, the two ends kissing gently.

“Hinata,” Naruto called, the door creaking shut behind him, “I'm home!”

Hinata smiled, preparing to get up and greet him with a hug. She'd made it a personal rule to acknowledge him the moment he entered their home, since he'd never had that before. Especially now, with Naruto constantly accepting missions and almost daily lessons in preparation of one day taking the hat. Even with his seemingly endless energy, most evenings he was worn out.

But before she could even ride from the couch, Naruto was in the living room, making his way over with a sigh. He plopped down, legs spread out in the opposite direction, head in Hinata’s lap.

Hinata laughed a little, reaching for his hand. “Long day?” she asked softly.

Naruto released another sigh, eyes closed. “Kinda.”

Hinata hummed in response, giving him the peace and quiet she knew he needed.

A slow smile spread across his face and he held their intertwined hands up in the air. Naruto didn't speak as he spread his fingers out, Hinata instinctively mirroring his action.

They both watched, Hinata’s delicate, slender, and smooth palm against Naruto’s rougher, larger palm.

Naruto bent his fingers again so their hands were interlocked once more, lowering his arm.

“You know,” he murmured, eyes pressed closed once again, “I really love you.”

Hinata felt the heat rush to her face. She didn't think she'd ever be able to rid herself of her shy tendancies, especially when Naruto went and said things like that.

She released a breathless laugh, breaking the silence.

“Me too, Naruto-kun.”

Serenity.

Naruto was Hinata’s serenity, her story book dream made real.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

꒰ 🌓 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚a / n

hiya !

tis a short one, born in the late hours of the night. sleep is for the weak ;p

hope you enjoyed tho, if anyone is reading, and that you stick around for more !

sayonara !

- grace