☪ | insecurities

' insecurities '

naruhina oneshot 04.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hinata knew she was where she was meant to be.

She knew it, so why were these. . .doubts creeping in? Like some seeds had been planted in her, against her will, the plants of concern rooting deeper and anchoring themselves within her heart. It was one of those things you knew wasn't right, but it still haunted you.

Naruto loved her.

He did, he loved her so much that he made the effort to be good for her. Every single day.

But that was just it.

He stopped humoring his fans, especially when Hinata was around. He was respectful, of course, and accepted gifts and praise, but he took extra care, caution, and effort to inform the strangers that he wouldn't be staying to chat, as he was with someone else. It made Hinata feel like some kind of princess.

He made time out of his busy schedule so he could spend time with her. They took turns choosing where to go each week, usually Ichiraku’s one week and a picnic or walks around the village the next. Naruto was a busy man now, preparing to finally embrace his dream and often teaching at the Academy.

He even tried really hard to understand her. Naruto was Naruto ––  he was a goofball, he was loud, he was impulsive, and especially sporadic. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, and he did things his way. Suddenly, though, when it came to Hinata, he took on this gentler approach. His voice wasn't so harsh, his eyes softened when they met her own. He'd developed this habit of tucking a strand of her long hair behind her ear when they were close enough.

Naruto, with all of his Naruto like things still intact, had become somewhat of a gentleman for her. His maturity seemed to skyrocket.

It was a lot.

Hinata knew she deserved it. Of course she did. He picked her, didn't he? He did. And she picked him. It went both ways. That's how it was with love. Each person gives a piece of themselves to another, and they work really hard to keep them happy.

Naruto had opened up to her, risked his life for her, cried for her, laughed with her, held her hand, shared kisses with her, he'd even attempted to braid her hair once.

They were in love.

So it made sense, right?

It did make sense. But for some unfortuante reason, that didn't matter to her brain.

Hinata, despite her upbringing and the way she often carried herself, knew her worth. She was a strong, confident woman, reserved and balanced. Maybe, a long time ago, she hadn't been, but she was now.

The insecurities that toyed with her as a child were clawing their way out of a long forgotten pit. They taunted her with their you're a burden’s and how in the world did you get here’s, and as ridiculous as it was, it didn't help to hear it.

Hinata was battling with the idea of what she had worked so hard to have now wouldn't last forever. That she and Naruto weren't what they thought they were, that she wasn't what Naruto thought she was.