17

After the Hero Killer incident, everyone was really overprotective over you. You stayed home to study, completely to recover. Bakugou called you every night, and you had to calm Shoto down from a panic attack he had. You, again, hadn't had any of those weird shared nightmares... It almost felt off.

You talked Todoroki through his guilt and Bakugou through his absolute anger and, promised when school went back, you'd be more careful. Everyone knew, though, it'd only be a matter of time before you and Midoriya would be hospitalised, again. Also, many classmates said, after you were injured like that, Midorirya acted cold and out of character.

Your classmates would drop flowers, gifts and 'get well soon' cards off at your front door during the time you stayed home to recover. And, Aizawa was very protective over you, not allowing you to get out of bed except to study, not being allowed to do chores. Being sort of broken had its upsides.

And finally, tomorrow would be the day of the end of term tests. You stayed up all night preparing for the test the best you could. Your intelligence was handy, you understood everything you were studying well, and you ended up falling asleep at 2am on your desk. Your father found you with your face slammed onto the textbook and decided to move you. He noticed your wound and decided to just wrap you in a blanket. He kissed your forehead goodnight.

"I love you, Y/n. Please, stop killing me emotionally, I can't handle it." He chuckled to himself before this weird pain twinged In his heart. He suddenly felt guilty about his promise with Endeavour. Would you hate him if he gave away your hand like that?

~

The test results were announced. You actually tied in second with Iida in second scoring just below Yaoyorozu... but, because Iida found a correction in the test, he took second placing you third.

"Wow... Y/n-Chan.... You're awesome! You're so intelligent and cool!" Izuku looked at you dreamily which you just responded with a blush, rubbing your arm and thanking him for his compliment.

"What the shit?! The erasure-extra scored higher than me?! No way I'd come forth." You booped Katsuki on the nose.

"You did great, Katsuki-San, really!" You snaked your arm around his waist and hugged him. He felt himself blush and ease into your unexpected touch.

"Yeah, yeah. Oi, you're not off the hook though." Gently, he took you off him, grabbing Kirishima from his collar to face him and stand beside you. "I'm tutoring you and Shitty Hair tonight." But I came third...? You chuckled to yourself. You didn't need to study, but, you knew this was Katsuki's way of asking you to hang out with him.

"Sure-" Before you could continue, you felt a pair of arms wrap around your neck in a weird tall person hug.

"No." Todoroki deadpanned, overprotectively. "Not without me."

"Absolutely fucking not." Bakugou wished he could strangle Todoroki at this point.

"Then it's not happen-"

"Fine, fuck I hate you." And with that- the next unneeded study session was set in stone.

~

You looked out of the window at the scenery ahead on your way through the halls to lunch. The bright outside was beautiful to you; The green of the trees rustled through the wind with a susurrus. You felt a bump into your shoulder, forcibly, causing your injured body to collapse.

"Sorry..." You mumbled, even though you weren't the one who bumped into the shoulder.

"Wow? Did I hurt the attention-seeking drama queen of 1A? What are you gonna do? Call your little pro hero friends and your two 1A boyfriends, hm?" Your eyes widened at the familiar voice.