to be happy

⚠️TW⚠️
[may contain sensitive topics of depression]
Also some angst.
-

What's wrong with you?

The very question that constantly seems to find its way into my everyday life.

Yes, what is wrong with me? I never seemed to find a place at home nor at school. Everyday there was a cloud of heaviness weighing itself around me. It was hard to move. It was even hard to breathe.

My wrist that should have been covered with scars looked as soft as a baby's skin. That was due to my healing quirk.

Like a missing piece of puzzle, I wander through life aimlessly. Nothing felt right. I didn't feel right. But then with my fingers intertwined in yours, it suddenly did. Looking into your ruby eyes, I felt like I saw the place I belong to. The missing puzzle piece fit into place.

"Your name..?"

"It's...Shigaraki Tomura."

So why did you have to be a villain? Why did I have to be a hero?

Even though I knew it won't work, why do I keep convincing myself that it will?

There is no future between a villain and a hero. It's almost laughable to society. But if they want to laugh, I am prepared to be laughed at.

"Shigaraki...I promise to stay by your side forever...yeah, I'll marry you...yeah, I'll follow you to the depths of hell.."

After all, home is where you are.

I...don't want to be anywhere else. I'd rather die. In fact, I would be dead a long time ago.

"I love you, (y/n)."

"I love you more."

....

"Lets be happy together."

"Yeah."