smile

You sat in his lap as you watch him play his video game. The room was dark with the only source of light coming from the gaming screen.

Occasionally he would let out grunts when he loses the game or grins when he wins.

You chuckled at his reactions. They were cute.

You snuggled closer to him. He looks at you and wraps his arms tighter around your waist before returning to his game.

Nights like these were quite rare. Mainly because he would barely get close to you in fear of accidentally disintegrating you. It had taken months before you guys started holding hands even with those artist gloves you bought as a birthday present for him.

"Stupid game." He grumbles as a game over appears on the screen again.

You chuckled.

"Be quiet." He complains.

"You're so grumpy." You pouted.

When he won the game, he started grinning. You poked his cheek.

"What?" He grumbled.

"You smile like a weird cat." You teased.

"You think I look like an animal?"

"I'm saying your smile's cute." You said. "Idiot."

"....."

You stared at him. You could barely see his face. In fact, you can't see it at all. He was turned forward, hair covering his cheeks as he started another game.

"Awh, you embarrassed?" You smirked.

"Shut up." He said.

"Fine, fine."

You laid your head on his shoulder, hearing the soft clicks of the game controller and the sounds of the video game in the background.

"You're weird." He suddenly mumbled. "Everyone thinks I look scary."

"Well, you're cute to me, Shigi." You said. "Whoever said that has no taste."

You studied his face and noticed a hint of pink slowly spread across his face.

Poor man must never get compliments much.

You chuckled at his reaction and he clicked his tongue.

"You keep laughing at me."

"That's because I love you." You teased him. "I like guys that make me laugh."

"I'm not even doing anything."

"Heheh, I know." You wrapped your arms around him. "I love you either way."

"...."

He turned away, but you caught the shy smile on his face before he could hide it.

"You really do smile like a weird cat."

"Shut up."