- CHAPTER 23 -

{ Your POV }

It was the next day, and I woke up at 5am.

Once I was done with my morning stuff, I looked at my phone for a bit until Alaric called me for breakfast.

"Good morning." He said.

"Morning."

"So, I just made some toast since you said you don't need much for breakfast." He said nervously.

"Thanks." I smiled.

We ate and talked a little until he got up to put his plate in the kitchen sink.

The court trial went well, and they decided that Alaric could adopt me. Now, he had to sign some paperwork.

"Hello, you're here to adopt her, right?" The receptionist asked Ric.

"Yes, I'm Alaric Saltzman and this is Y/n Y/l/n." Alaric told her.

He handed her our IDs, she checked them and everything was ready. Ric signed all the papers, and I was officially his kid.

"Congratulations." The receptionist smiled at us.

"Hi kid." Ric hugged me.

"Hi." I smiled.

"What do you want to do now?" He asked.

"Well, I have to leave in two hours." I said.

"Where to?" He asked.

"Ariana's. You know for our history project." I told him.

The real reason was that her father ordered me to join them at that family gathering so I can watch out for her.

"Oh, yeah, okay. Do you want me to take you?" He asked.

"That'd be cool." I smiled and he nodded his head.

"Lunch?" He asked and I nodded my head.

We decided to go to our favorite diner and sat at a table.

As the door to the diner opened, I turned around to look. Ariana was walking in, but she wasn't with Logan. She was with her friends. It made me smile a little.

She noticed me and immediately smiled. I remembered I was mad at her and quickly turned back around to face Alaric.

I don't know why I was mad, she saved me.

But I wanted her to feel what I felt when she used to ignore me like that. But at the same time I never wanted her to feel any pain.

"What's wrong with you and Ariana?" Ric asked, and I sighed.

"I'm not sure. She uh kissed me, Njomza saw and ended things with me." I said.

"Whoa, she kissed you?" He asked, surprised.

"Yes, yesterday, but she told Njomza it was in the moment, so it probably didn't mean anything." I shrugged.

"She obviously likes you." He said, but I shook my head.

"Nah." I said.

"Yeah, we'll see." He said and I just shrugged.

Before Ric took me to Ariana's, we stopped home so I could change and get my gun, and now we were on our way to her house.

"Thanks, Ric." I said.

"No problem." He said before driving away.

I knocked on the door and Ariana opened it. She looked so beautiful in her casual outfit.