❖ CHAPTER TWO ❖

Kazama made his way to the cafeteria. He requested four plates and sat at the table, waiting until they called his name. He had resorted to checking through his emails. He heard someone sitting down across from him. He looked up and saw it was Reiji. He looked back down to his phone and simply hummed in acknowledgement.

"Good morning to you as well Kazama." Reiji said as he leaned back into his own chair.

"Morning Reiji. Is there something you need?" He asked as he scrolled up through his emails. Sorting his spam from the actual important ones as he had an idea why Reiji was sitting across from him.

"I got a text from Tachikawa earlier. He said that you mentioned there being a possible meeting today." Reiji said as he took a sip of his water.

There it is. He sighed and lifted his head as he looked to see if his food, which it unfortunately wasn't. "I said it might be. I didn't say anything was concrete yet."

The buff man simply nodded as he took another sip. "How was the mission?"

Kazama groaned as he put his phone down and rubbed his face. "Exhausting. We got back earlier this morning and crashed in the squad room. Kikuchihara passed out almost immediately." He made sure to hold his tongue about Kamiko for now. As far as he was concerned Reiji would be able to keep his mouth shut but he wasn't going to risk it.

"Four plates for Agent Kazama!" The lady called out as she placed the order on the counter. He stretched before standing up.

"We'll talk later, Reiji. I have to go." He said as he made his way towards the counter. He picked up the food and quickly made his way down the hall. He wondered if Kamiko would be able to eat anything. Slowing his pace a bit, Kamiko's injuries drifted back into his mind. Her throat seemed strained and did cause her a lot of pain. Hell, she could barely keep herself standing after what happened in Hikana city. He took a deep breath and shook his head as he stopped at his squad room. He wasn't surprised to see that both of them were still fast asleep. Mikami was at the table eating her own breakfast when she waved at him. He waved back and walked over. "Morning Mikami."

"Morning Kazama. How was the trip back?" She asked, keeping her voice low.

"It was long." He said as he placed Kikuchihara and Utagawa's plates in the fridge. "Give that to them when they wake up."

"Yes sir. Is the last plate for her?" She asked, smiling. He nodded and sighed.

"You want to see her?" She nodded and quickly stood up. He led her over to the mat while holding the other two plates. Kamiko pushed herself up and looked up at them. "That's Kamiko. Kamiko, this is Mikami." Kamiko nodded, slightly. Her were eyes glazed.

"Is she okay?" Mikami asked. "She doesn't look so good. Is there something wrong with her?" Kazama quickly handed her the plates and sat next to the small child. Pressing a hand against her cheek, he couldn't believe how hot her face was.

"Mikami, get me a thermometer. Quickly!" He pulled Kamiko onto his lap. It felt like her temperature was rising almost at an alarming rate.

"Yes sir." She said before disappearing into the main room.

It took a moment to realize that his hand was soaked. He hesitantly pulled it away and nearly gagged at the sight of the blood. He heard someone quickly making his way towards the area. Jin and Reiji came in with Mikami. "Yo Kazama. We bought a first aid kit. My Side Effect told me you would need it." Jin said as Reiji took and started helping Kamiko. Jin handed him the thermometer as Mikami watched from afar. Kazama kept her steady as she slowly started coming back to her senses a bit. He heard a beep and checked. "How bad? Should I contact the infirmary unit?" The self-proclaimed power elite asked as he headed towards the door. Utagawa and Kikuchihara were right behind him, though they didn't say anything.