❖ CHAPTER FOUR ❖

Kazama sighed as he sat down on the couch that was now free. He had managed to successfully dodge and shoot down just about every question they had. He needed to buy his time and really think about what he was doing. He should've answered them before talking to Kamiko. But it would provide an answer to another problem that was still open. Hikana city and Kamiko. Or at least those who would be after her. An elderly woman who had known the family had warned them about the possibility of people coming after her once they heard her family name. He looked towards her. She had gone back to sleep with the help of Izumi. The teen had insisted, practically begged to stay with her for a bit longer. His eyes drifted towards the teen who slept beside her.

With a sigh, Kazama decided to head to the cafeteria. Might as well eat or get something to drink. He pulled another blanket out of the closet and draped it over them. Then left the room. Once he got to the cafeteria and saw a particular table filled with all the A-rank agents and some guests, who turned their inviting gazes towards him, he started regretting his decision to come down here.

"Hey Kazama!" Tachikawa called out as he tried to walk past them. "We want to talk to ya!"

"We got you a coffee too." Kako said as she lifted said drink.

Oh great. He thought as he started to walk over the table. Sitting between the tall blonde woman and Border's rising star for the last four months, Mikumo. "Evening." He said as he took the coffee and took a long drink.

"Evening Mr. Kazama." Mikumo and Yuma, who sat across from him and beside Midorikawa, said.

"Evening." He said as he looked around at everyone. "Is this an interrogation?"

"Sort of." Fuyushima said as he leaned back in his chair.

"They said you had a daughter and the rest of us just wanted to know the truth." Toma said as he pointed towards Yuma, who looked a bit confused.

"My apologies but I couldn't help but notice." Yuma said as he lowered his head.

Was he surprised? No. Not at all. Out of all of them he did expect Yuma or Reiji to come to him for the truth. "Don't worry about it. It wasn't the truth anyway."

"But it wasn't a full lie either, was it?" Yuma asked as he tilted his head.

Everyone looked back at him as he nodded with another sip of his drink. "True. I'm adopting her as my own child." He said and heard somebody fall as he blinked though everyone else ignored it.

"Are you sure about this?" Miwa asked, shocked.

"Wow. Color me surprised." Kageura said.

"Doesn't seem like you at all Kazama. Are you growing soft-hearted?" Ninomiya questioned.

"You'd do well to watch your tone, Ninomiya." He said lowering his tone as he kept his eyes shut.

"Uh oh." Toma teased. "Looks like he's getting into the role already."

"Very funny Toma. But I have my reasons." He said with a sigh. "I assume that's what this interrogation is about."

"Interrogation is kind of a heavy word." Arashiyama said with a chuckle. He seemed a bit embarrassed. Hell, he didn't even understand why he was here. "It's more like we're concerned about the situation. Kikuchihara and Utagawa didn't say anything about the situation. So we decided to talk to you about it."

He nodded with understanding as he looked around the wide room. It was fairly empty but he wasn't going to risk her safety by talking here. "Fine. But we're going to discuss this in my unit room." He said as he stood up. Everyone followed him but he noticed that Yuma in particular seemed to be extremely interested as he was the one who started asking the fairly harmless questions.