❖ CHAPTER THREE ❖

She could hear her heart pounding with every footstep she took. Kamiko hadn't cared to notice where she was going. Her body burned as she tripped over a rock.The wind knocked out of her as she struggled to get back to her feet. Panting and gasping heavily, she looked around. Her side burned so much as she forced herself up. Shocked with how far she ran, she tried to stable herself but failed as she fell back to her side. Tears broke through as she pushed her small body back up. She took another good look around as she rose to her knees. All of the houses were destroyed in one way or another. Smoke was coming from one of the houses near her. Loud rustling caught her attention as a Marmod slammed out into the open. She reached behind her out of instinct to grab her trigger. However, she had left it in Kazama's squad-room. Her heart froze as the Marmod started making its way towards her. The roaring sound of blood silenced everything as the Marmod got closer and closer.

It was barely a foot or so away from her when she came back to her senses. A shrilling cry made fear shoot throughout her body as the Marmod prepared it's attack. Two swords slammed right through the soldier. Stopping its movements completely as she turned towards the footsteps behind her. Her breathing started getting worse as she turned to look at the person. A tall man with wild black hair and gold eyes walked up to her. The chills came back even worse when he opened his mouth. "Oi! What the hell are you doing here?!" He shouted. He was about to say something when he stopped and looked up. Her vision went white as she felt pressure against her head and then darkness engulfed her.

Her head throbbed as she tried to wake up. She could feel her face starting to heat up as she faintly heard something making its way towards her. It was starting to feel numb. Something terrible flowed through her mouth as a hand shook her awake. But all she wanted to do was go back to sleep. "Hey. Are you okay?" A soft voice asked.

"Damn it, Zoe!" An angry voice called out as she was lifted off the ground. The wind whipped past her as the disgusting bile in her mouth began to drip down her face. "Shit! She's bleeding. Hurry up, you two!"

Kamiko had barely noticed that she fell asleep. The pain in her head and face had started bothering her. Her body ached even more than before. She couldn't even move because of how much her body ached. She whimpered as she tried to sit up. A gentle hand stopped her as it ran through her hair. She opened her eyes and looked up at the owner of the hand. Despite that faint haziness, she could still see green eyes staring back at her. He looked worried as he slowly sat her up. "Kage, she's awake." He said as the green-eyed boy pulled her close to him. Her body started shaking the moment she saw the man again. She couldn't even stop the tears that decided to run down her face. "Looks like you scared her." The green-eyed boy said as he continued to run his fingers through her hair.

"Well Zoe did blast her while I was trying to ask her a question. So that might've left an impression." The angry man said as he sat beside them. She flinched when the bed dipped but she looked towards the wild haired main. "How's your head? You were bleeding all over the place, runt."

Despite the ache, she lifted her shaking hand and pressed it against her head. Bandages? How long was I out for? She thought as she started to look around. It looked just like the room that she and Kazama were resting in Kiku and Uta. "Am I....back inside....the safe place?" She asked as her hand lowered to her cheek, for some reason the bandages soothed her a bit.

"Safe place?" The green-eyed boy questioned.

"Wait a minute. What's your name kid?" The man asked as he turned towards them. Two others walked into the room when asked that. A small girl and a large man who looked upset.

"I'm....Kamiko. Who are you?" She asked as she moved to sit in the green-eyed boy's lap though hissing in a bit of pain as he helped out.

"Better?" He asked. She nodded and looked up. "I'm Yuzuru Ema." He added as he pointed to the man beside them. "That's my captain, Kageura Masato." Kageura simply nodded as Yuzuru pointed to the girl, who smiled. "Hikari Nire. She's our operator and that's Kitazoe Hiro. That's the one that sent you flying." He added as he pointed to them each other. Kitazoe gave an awkward chuckle as he attempted to bow.