❖ CHAPTER SEVEN ❖

Kazama held the small girl close to his chest. He should've gone and gotten her a coat before bringing her home. He had taken his coat off and wrapped it around her after they had left Border. Despite it still being summer, the nights were still cold. Occasionally checking her pulse and just making sure she's breathing. Kamiko would swat at his hand every so often, telling him that she was fine.

"You worry too much." She whined with a yawn. "I'm doing better than before." He didn't believe her. But let her be and decided to keep a close eye on her after she went to sleep. He made his way upstairs and towards his apartment building. "Is this your place, Kazama?"

He nodded as he walked into the even colder apartment. Kamiko pressed herself even closer to him. "I'll turn the heat up a bit. Sit here for a bit." He said as he placed her on his couch. He toggled with the A/c before sitting beside her. "It'll be warmer in a bit."

She nodded as she looked around the room. He lifted her back up and headed towards his room. "Let's go to bed. You must be pretty tired."

"Are we still going to the shopping center?" He nodded as he walked into the room. "You promise?"

"I promise. We're going to go to the shopping center tomorrow. We'll probably be out all day for that matter."

She smiled as he placed her on his bed. "Oh yeah. I met a lot of people while I was in Border. I think I remember some of their names!"

"Oh really? Tell me about them."

As Kazama got ready for bed while Kamiko went on and on about her 'adventures'. She was all over the place with her explanation but he got the gist of it. When she heard Yuma and Amatori though he wasn't surprised when she stopped talking. He turned to her.

"Kazama, I thought you said that Border was against Neighbors." He looked towards the mini version of himself. She was playing with her fingers. He sat beside her.

"You mean Yuma. He's a special case."

"And the other two?"

"Other two?"

"I saw one of them, actually I think I know him. He's from Aftokrator, I think."

'She must've seen Hyuse.' He ruffled her hair before falling onto the bed. "Maybe we'll see him tomorrow." He yawned as she crawled towards him. Wide-eyed with joy. He's not even twenty-five yet and already envied her energy. But all that can wait for tomorrow. It didn't take long for Kamiko to fall asleep. She had nested herself into his stomach and he draped an arm around her. "Sleep well." He looked towards the flower crowns that she had brought back before going to sleep.

Kazama heard wails come from below him. He recognized the cries of his mother and raced down the stairs. His father was shouting at someone at the door. It was a group of people. They held their heads down. A few were quietly sobbing as one of them was bowing on the floor. He recognized all these people. Shin had introduced him to them before. His heart dropped when he didn't see his older brother.

"What did you do to my son?!" His father's voice split the air as the man on the ground said something. It sounded like an apology. He felt his legs carry him down the stairs as he saw his father turning a bit red.

"What's going on?" He asked as he quickly made his way down the stairs. He finally saw his mother on her knees, sobbing.

"S-Soya." A sob came from in front of him. It went dark, he heard a thud.

Then he woke up. It was still dark. He leaned over and checked the clock. It was midnight. He sighed in relief and his hand drifted to the side of his head. It had been years since that night happened. Before he could really think more about his dream, he tried to look for Kamiko. He couldn't feel or see her. He turned on the light but no luck. "Kamiko?" He called out quietly. Kazama was about to call for her again when he heard crying.