Chapter 5: The Cafeteria

'It feels like we've been walking forever. I hate; this school. I managed to convince them to go to the cafeteria. We needed to gather as many supplies as possible. Who knows when we'll have a chance like this again. Who knows what it's like outside this building.'

*Sigh*

My so-called friends followed behind me, As I walked down these endless halls. Death surrounded us as the smell was awful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking back to old memories. Memories my mind has stored for me during the years. It made me want to cry, As my heart began to ache with each step I took.

'You have to stay strong Haruhi. You can't let these things control you. Stay strong.'

~Flashback ~

"Papa!" A little girl yells.

She runs down the hallway. The sound of her tiny feet hitting the floor echoed as she ran. She held a small bear within the small arms. She runs into a small living room where she heard her father's voice. Hearing the sound of the front door closing gave him away. She swiftly ran into her father's arms, causing him to laugh. She was only six years old at the time. A time filled with the peace it was.

"Hey there, Haruhi! Did you miss me, dear?" Ranka asks his daughter as he held her in his arms. A huge grin formed on the girl's face. As she vigorously nodded her head.

"Papa missed you too! How was your day while I was gone?" Ranka asked as he put his hand to his chin. Haruhi pouted towards him, making him laugh a bit.

"That was my line, dad!" Haruhi yells while he laughed and pinched her cheeks. Her face turning red in embarrassment, he let out another chuckle.

"Okay, Okay. I'm sorry. Go ahead." He told her as she pouted more.

"How was your day, dad?" She muttered as her face grew redder as she continued to pout.

"It was a little tiring, and I was so sad. My little Haruhi was all alone without papa!? I couldn't live!" He said with a gasp before falling onto the couch.

"Hey! Haha! You're so dramatic, papa!" She squeals in surprise.

"I am!?" Ranka yells dramatically, holding his heart as though he was hurt, Causing Haruhi to hit him with a pillow.

"Take this!" Haruhi yells, tossing the pillow.

"Hey, ow!" Ranka yells, trying to block her throws only to; be hit.

"Why, you little!" Ranka yells before chasing after Haruhi. Catching her, he throws her in the air.

"Ah! Papa!" Haruhi squeals as he threw her on the couch.

"Hahaha!" They both laugh as Ranka fell beside her.

~Flashback Ended ~

"Haru-chan?" Someone questions as they stood behind her in worry. She quickly turns around in surprise. Not noticing the tears falling down her face.

"Yes, sempai!?" She quickly replies. Honey jumping in surprise before his eyes widen in shock.

"Are you okay? You're crying, Haru-chan." Honey asks her as he held Usa-chan closer to him.

Haruhi quickly wipes her tears away. Upset with how her emotions got the best of her. Yet, she quickly puts a smile on her face. The others just stood and watched her in concern.

"I'm alright, everyone. Let's keep moving. " The girl says to the group before moving forward with the mission.

'Dammit! I can't believe that just happened. I told myself I wouldn't cry; This isn't even the time to be crying! Not only that, but it was in front of them!'