1

"I remember he had a girlfriend, felt pretty bad for her because even though she was insanely hot he had high, and I mean really high, expectations for her as if she wasn't enough already."

Saeko Tanaka's words fill Hinata's mind as coach Ukai talked about they'd have someone especially close to the Tiny Giant coming to watch them practice and hopefully give tips, Hinata wondered if the Tiny Giants girlfriend even played volleyball. As he walked home the only thing on his mind was that girl, the one that'll hopefully be at his school tomorrow after school, he walked in silence as he approached his home, as soon as he got home he was set on figuring out who the Tiny Giant's girlfriend even was or at least what she looked like, were they even still dating? Are they married now? Was she as pretty as Saeko said? Would she be the one there tomorrow? He looked up the one thing he could think of, 'Who is the Tiny Giants girlfriend' a name popped up, he quickly typed in the name to do some research on her, as the page loaded he got a short, half a second, small glimpse at the girl before the screen blacked, "Hey!" He shouted looking at his younger sister who had unplugged the computer, "Mom said you have to go to bed, Shoyo." She crossed her arms, Hinata rolled his eyes before climbing into his bed and sleeping.

The next morning he woke up early and brushed his teeth, getting dressed, dashing to his bike, and going to school, the day was ever so normal and boring as usual but Hinata was bouncing with excitement as he anticipated he'd see the girl from before, "Oi! Boke! What's your problem?" Kageyama asked him rather rudely, "I'm just excited to meet the girl who's going to be watching us today!" Hinata smiled brightly, the taller boy looked down at him a bit confused, "That's what's had you excited for the past like seven hours?" Kageyama asked, "Mhm! What if it's the Tiny Giant's girlfriend," Hinata explained his idea as they made their way to the gym, "Oh you mean Y/-" Kageyama started before Ukai opened the gym doors, "Hey! Hurry up you two!" He yelled cutting Kageyama off, Kageyama nodded walking faster, Hinata stood there confused, did Kageyama really know who the Tiny Giant's girlfriend was? "Hinata! Can you listen?!" Ukai yelled in an even more annoyed tone, "Oh, sorry!" He said before running towards the gym, he sat in a semi-circle on the floor with everyone else, "So, the girl that's coming to watch us should be here any minute and I told her good things about all of you, so, I'm expecting for you all to behave and make sure she is impressed with you all," Ukai informed them.

Hinata shot his hand up, "Yes, Hinata?" He asked, "Is she the Tiny Giant's girlfriend?" He asked, "You could say that," a rather sweet voice said as the gym doors opened, a very, and emphasis on very, pretty girl standing there as she walked into the gym, "Sorry, I'm late, so you're the guy who begged me to come over here, huh?" She asked looking at Takeda, "Y-yes." He bowed, "No need for the formality, I would've said yes sooner, I love helping out my fellow volleyball players," she shrugged, "Really, you would've come either way? So I didn't have to go through endless weeks of begging?" He asked, "What no! That's not what I meant! That begging was worth something it's just if Udai wasn't so persistent on me not coming I would've come the first time, but, you know, I was able to convince him to approve of me doing it by using your dedication. Well, I guess I could've come without his approval but I would've felt bad doing something behind his back." She confessed, Udai? Is that the Tiny Giant's name? "Anyway, Y/n L/n, professional international volleyball player." She introduced herself staring at all of us.

After a while of practice, I was taking a break to drink water I watched as she showed Kageyama a better way to set the ball a certain way Hinata couldn't understand, wasn't all sets basically the same? Why did he need some much help, he observed as she positioned his arms suddenly a loud ringtone went off, making him jump as he spilled water on himself and almost choking on the water that was already in his mouth, "Hey, Hinata, could you answer that and tell whoever it is I'm busy," she asked trying to get Kageyama back into the position he was in before the ringing interrupted. "Sure!" He nodded grabbing the phone and looking at the caller ID. 'Tiny Idiot💕'  Hinata saw the word tiny and instantly thought of that who was called Udai, "Hey, Y/n where the are you?" A confused asked, "Um, sorry but Y/n is currently busy," he nervously spoke up, "Uh, who the hell are you?" Tenma asked even more confused with a tad bit of worry, the man on the other side of the phone really was considering if Y/n was cheating on him with whoever this guy was, "Um, Hinata Shoyo, I'm in the Karasuno Volleyball team." He said the was a short moment of silence, "Got it, uh, is everything okay with Y/n?" He asked, "Yeah, she's very nice to everyone and really good at teaching, what does she play as?" Hinata asked the nervousness slowly fading away, "Oh, she plays Setter. She's really good at it, huh?" He asked, "Yeah," Hinata smiled.

"Hinata is everything okay? Who is it?" Y/n asked walking over to him a little concerned, "Just tell her it's Tenma Udai." The man on the other side of the phone instructed not expecting Hinata to know his name, "Tenma Udai." Hinata told her, "Oh okay, if it's okay with you can you come back to practice now? I want Kageyama to try his new sets with you." She smiled, Hinata nodded and gave her the phone before running over to Kageyama, "He's like a less intense version of you." She joked, "Sure," Tenma laughed, "No seriously, he has the same number as you and everything, I can tell you're like his idol or something because the first thing I heard from him was if I was," she cleared her throat, "The Tiny Giant's girlfriend." She laughed, she heard a small chuckle from the Tenma, "Anyway, gotta go, love ya'." She smiled, "Love you too." He said before hanging up.

Y/N'S POV

I had walked to the Ukai's store to get some meat buns the kids on the volleyball team recommended, they weren't half bad, I guess.

I chewed on my food as I walked down the street staring at the orange and pinkish sky, "L/n!" A voice called out to me, I turned around a bit afraid, oh, it's just, uh... Hinata? Yeah, Hinata. "I-I want to..." he paused trying to regain a normal breathing pattern, "Hinata- you need to go home. What are you doing?" I asked concerned, "Can I meet the Tiny Giant?" He asked abruptly, "Oh," I started, "I know it'd look weird for your neighbors or whatever to see you with a high school boy since you're old and everything," he said, "Hey! You idiot I'm only 21! I'm not old!" I yelled crossing my arms and pouting, so rude. "Sorry, I meant like older than me, but can I meet hi-" he started asking, "Hinata it's best if you go home, I'm going to be here a week, maybe on the last day if you prove yourself to me I'll bring him to practice with me if your school allows it," I told him. I knew Tenma probably would tease me and I'd never hear the end of it if I brought some little boy home with me, "Okay, bye for now." I waved before continuing my walk home.

"Tenma! I'm back!" I yelled I looked over to see him asleep on the couch, a random book, and a piece of paper on top of the book. I picked up the book and paper, it was a few drawings. Most likely for his mangas, I place the book and paper down on a coffee table near him, looking down at the sleeping boy. I ran to a closet and took a blanket out, I quickly ran back and laid down next to him wrapping the blanket over both of us, "Good night, Tenma. I love you." I whispered snuggling closer into his side with a wide smile on my face. He turned a bit in his sleep unconsciously wrapping his arm around me pulling us closer together.

Word count: 1473
Published: August 17, 2020