5

(Ha, this took a while to make.)

I sat on the plane I glanced over to the empty seat next to me, my team all had their own seats. We thought it'd be nice to treat ourselves so if we lost we wouldn't feel as bad and if we won we'd go home feeling like absolute winners. Next to me was the unfinished volleyball manga Tenma asked me to look over for him. I hesitantly grabbed it, I spent a while reading it until I got to a certain page. The main team was going against a team of girls.

"I look forward to seeing what all that hype about the next greatest setter is," the main character said to a girl who was on the opposing team, she was at a vending machine.

If my memory serves me right, that's the exact word said by Tenma when we first met. I felt a small blush creep on to my face. "That hopeless romantic!" I groaned hiding my face into the manga blushing slightly. "You good, L/n?" A teammate of mine asked with a sly smirk. She's our ace and she's one of my closest friends. "Shush! It's nothing!" I said looking up from the book. She sat in the seat in-front of me looking back, sitting on her knees, facing me, with a childish grin. "Surely it couldn't be nothing." She said sly before snatching the book from me. She looked over the page before gasping, "Did that Udai kid write this?" She asked happily. I nodded before grabbing the book back. "Yeah." I stated putting the manga away. "He totally likes you." She smiled. "Thanks, I've only been dating him since high school." I rolled my eyes playfully. "In high school you were so sure he didn't like you though even after he admitted his crush on you!" She said, "Me and Tenma are basically married now, oh, and Hinata is like our kid." I joked. She ooo-ed, "I knew you would like hanging out with those kids. God, you're such a weirdo, kids suck." She said holding back a laugh.

"Eh, they're alright." I shrugged pulling out my phone, "Oh really?" She asked taking it out of my hand. "Hey! You loser! Give it back!" I insulted reaching for my phone. "I thought you 'hated children and never wanted to have them.'" She mocked smirking, my eyes widen, "They're in high school they aren't kids like that." I frowned taking my phone away. "Either way you're kinda changing, it's weird." She said poking my cheek before turning around. 'Pfft, changing my ass.'

The rest of the plane ride I say there uneasy, 'I'm supposed to be that one bitch. The one that acts like she's too good for everyone but here I am with nothing to think about other than Tenma and a bunch of high schoolers.'

Soon the game started, I played my best trying to analyze everything around me, there were bright lights and cameras I knew this was going on television but this was kind of nerve racking even if I had done it so many times before. "Y/n!" Our libero, Sui yelled as she hit the ball towards me, I nodded and got ready to serve, I jumped and looked next to me, "She better hit this." I whispered underneath my breath as I served the ball to Kasanoda, our ace, and my best friend. She hit the ball and luckily was able to get it past the other teams wall.

-

Soon the game was over and we won, I drank some water as we walked out. I pulled out my phone to call an Uber, "Hey! L/n! Don't sweat it! Coach said we can drop you back off at the airport." Kasanoda smiled. "Oh," I said putting my phone away, "Thanks coach!" I said yelling over to where he was. He nodded giving me a thumbs up.

I ran over to the bus and waited for us to head off to the airport. When we finally got there I hugged all my teammates and ran off with my one bag that contained basically nothing seeing as I didn't need to stay for that long usually coach would've made me practice but he knew that I would be having to go back home for my younger cousin who wanted to pay me a last minute visit for her birthday meaning I couldn't stay in the US for as long as I would've liked too.

(Happy New Years everyone! I'm tired so this is going to be it for today so gn.)