4

Y/N'S POV

Today's Friday, in all honesty, I'm pretty excited for my game in America tomorrow, I couldn't sleep since I stayed up all night texting my teammates, "You look tired," Tenma yawned as he woke up, "Couldn't sleep," I shrugged laying my head down on my pillow. "Well, make sure to get some sleep tonight." He reminded me, "Sure," I told him closing my eyes attempting to sleep, "Y/n it's already morning we have things to do you can't go back to sleep," he whined shaking me. "Stop," I complained pushing him away, "But I want to meet Hinata! You talked about him a lot last night when we were eating!" He smiled, "Did I?" I asked I'm certain I didn't, why would I?

"Yeah, you told me all about him." He said in a duh tone, "Oh, cool." I said trying to slip into a short nap at least, "Hey maybe we can tell your little friends about your game and maybe they'll watch it on tv or something." He suggested, "God no, the last thing I need is accidentally messing up and then having to worry about if they'll see." I groaned about to stand up realizing there was no way I was getting any sleep with this man talking to me. I did my normal morning stuff, like showering, eating, volleyball, brushing my teeth, talking to Tenma. You know all that sort of stuff. I finally got near when I should be heading off to the school, well, I'd already be walking if it weren't for a certain short little brat who decided to get ready to leave at the absolute last minute. "Done." He smiled running out of our house,  "Should've been done about five minutes ago but sure." I nodded starting to walk to the school, why the hell did we decide to live somewhere so close to Karasuno? We don't have any high school kids living with us, the house wasn't cheap, the neighborhood isn't the nicest, the volleyball gym my team uses isn't that close by, and there's really nothing for us here. Why do we still stick around this place?

I watched kids were leaving the school, there were busses, cars, and a ton of people. It reminded me of my days at Karasuno High School, school wasn't really anything to look back on, it was pretty average, of course, there was the occasional drama that I was involved in, but nothing too major. Couldn't say the same for Tenma though, high school was most definitely his prime, he was athletic, popular, smart, he got in quite a bit of trouble too, but most importantly he was still the Tiny Giant. Now he's just Tenma Udai, the only thing most volleyball players know him as now is Y/n L/n's boyfriend who was a past volleyball player. At least that's what people from outside Miyagi know him as.

"C'mon Y/n!" He smiled reach out his hand, I gladly took it and we walked to the Karasuno gym, I had informed Ukai and Takeda last night over the phone of Tenma coming with me. Basically, anyone who needed to know knew. As we entered all eyes were on us, it was drop-dead silent, I knew it made Tenma nervous because, well, it was pretty obvious but he hid behind me. "Tenma, it's fine. They're cool, you were so excited about meeting Hinata this morning weren't you?" I told him reminding him he also wanted to do this. "Really? You wanted to meet me?" Hinata asked trying to look at him, Tenma stood up straight and stepped forward a little, "Yeah, Y/n has said good things about you and I wanted to meet you for myself." He spoke cautiously, "You know, you're a lot quieter than the old man told me you were." Ukai smiled patting Tenma looked confused, "Coach Udai?" He asked, "Yeah, he's not been feeling the best lately so he doesn't coach here anymore, you didn't hear?" Ukai informed him, "No," Tenma said concern and worried laced into his voice, "He's fine for the most part, don't think about it too hard, 'kay?" Ukai told him, "Anyway, mind if we see one of your spikes? It's been a while since I've seen a good one from the Little Giant himself." Ukai asked, "I'll even set for you," I smiled. "You sure?" Tenma asked, "You bet!" I smiled. I've been waiting for this forever! "Oh my god! Kageyama we finally get to see the Tiny Giant play in real life!" Hinata smiled, "Yeah," Kageyama said completely uninterested, "It'd be nice to see L/n-Senpai's sets too." Kageyama smirked. Why did that sound so creepy and weird, maybe i'm just paranoid about messing up and disappointing him, "Hinata, mind tossing the ball to me?" I asked standing on the court with Tenma, Hinata nodded this boys eyes were filled with happiness. I watched as the ball headed towards me, I jumped and set the ball for Tenma, damn it I know he hasn't played in a while but don't mess this up. I looked over to him to see him in the air, just like when he still played, he spiked. Holy crap, we really just did that.

I looked over at Hinata, he had a mixture of awe and happiness on his face. "Damn." Tanaka blurted out, I smiled at Tenma, "In all honesty, I didn't think you'd hit that." I laughed, "Kinda hard not to hit one of your sets considering how good they are." Tenma smiled nervously. "Proud of you." I told him, "Thanks, Y/n." He smiled, Hinata ran up to Tenma, "Wow! You really are awesome Tiny Gia-" "Udai." Tenma cut him off, Hinata looked confused, "You can just call me Udai," Tenma smiled at Hinata; Hinata paled, "R-really?" He asked, "Uh, yeah?" Tenma said. "Thank you!" Hinata smiled hugging him. "Remind me why you can't stay a while longer helping them out." Ukai asked, "Oh, I have a game in America, it's nothing too big though." I said sticking my hands in my pockets. "Well, Karasuno will be wishing you good luck." He said I looked over at the boys who were all talking to and praising Tenma for the awesome spike and Tenma who was standing there awkwardly accepting all the compliments. In high school, he would've reacted to all this so much differently. He was so cocky and now he's so humble, it was odd seeing him on a court again but refreshing in away. "Y/n! Did you tell Hinata you wanted to adopt him?!" Kageyama asked me, "Yeah, she did. She wouldn't want some annoying kid like you!" Hinata said sticking his tongue out of Kageyama. "I'd adopt all of you if I could!" I shouted back laughing. "We wouldn't have enough room for that." Tenma sighed looking at Tanaka, Nishinoya, and Hinata who were asking if he'd adopt them.

-

I walked with Tenma home, "They were nice," he smiled looking forward, "Yeah, I wouldn't hang around losers." I crossed my arms. "You're going to hurt all the loser's feelings, Y/n!" Tenma commented teasingly, "No way, they wouldn't hear me because I wouldn't even be in the proximity of one of them." I told him back, "So, America tomorrow." "Yeah, I wish I could've gone with you." Tenma sighed, "It's fine, I know you'll be cheering me on from home." I shrugged, "So have you just been eating meat buns with those kids for the past few days?" He asked I giggled, "Yeah," "Not very healthy of you." He shook his head, "Not very healthy of you," I said trying to do his voice him, "Hey! I don't sound anything like that!" Tenma frowned, "Oh but you do." I said grabbing his hand, "Nuh-uh." He pouted grasping my hand back, "Uh-huh," I replied, "I hate you," he said looking away from me, "That's mean, Tenma." I told him, "You're mean." He replied, "Me? I'm not." I told him. After awhile of pointlessly fake arguing with each other we got home, I was pretty tired. "Night, Tenma!" I smiled going to sleep, "Already?" He asked, "Mm-hm." I hummed.

Word count: 1367
Published: August 19, 2020