Emma

"Wake up, Emma! You have to go to school!" I hear mom yelling from the kitchen. 

"Coming!" I yell back, hoping to get more sleep. 

After a few more minutes I hear mom walking loudly into my room. 

"Doesn't mean you're Class A, that you can pass your subjects sleeping." She says. 

I roll myself out of bed groaning. Yes, Class A. Stupid really. I'd rather die then live like this. 

"Okay, okay. I'll get ready..." I lightly push my mother out of my room. 

I go over to my closet and was about to take a pair of shorts and t-shirt but then I remember that I am Class A. 

I sigh deeply and turn to my uniform.  

I quickly get dressed and grab my bag. I walk out of my bedroom and hop down the spiral stairs three steps at a time. 

I arrive at the kitchen and see that a bowl of cereal is waiting for me and a note. 

"Have a great day, Love you. Mom" 

I finish my cereal and leave the house, locking the door behind me.

****

"Now Class, the key to being strong isn't just physical, its mentally. I want everyone to concentrate on the object on your desk. Try to move it without touching it."  I flick my pen around my fingers in boredom. 

I glance at the necklace on my desk. 

"Miss Emma, care do show us an example." I look up at the teacher in disgust and sit up properly. 

I look down at my necklace and feel where it came from and how I got it. I feel the emotions I've felt with it. 

It disappears and appears on my neck. The students and teacher clap. The teacher moves on from me and I continue my lack of interest towards my pen. 

After 10 minutes, the bell of class ending goes off. 

I leave the class with everyone else. 

Someone bumps into me. I snap my head around. 

"Watch where you're going" I look at the boy up and down. A group of boys stop closely behind him.  

"I know everyone in this school, you're the new kid right? Well whatever your name is, I don't care. I've got enough problems." I glance at the boys friends and turn to walk away. 

The boy grabs my arm to stop me. I turn my head and glare at him. He smiles. 

"Well you've got an attitude." He says. 

"Yes I do. And if you need to know, no one messes with me here. Just, consider it lucky you don't have bruises by now." I turn away and start walking. 

From the crowd, a tall and chubby kid stops me. 

I see the reflection in the boys eyes of my own eyes that flashed red. The boy stumbles and falls. 

I look back and see that the new kid is gone. 

I sigh and find the exit. 

I am already walking on the sidewalk when the same boy walks up to me. 

"What do you want, new boy" I glare at him and continue walking.

"James. You seem just my type to be friends with." He says, now walking right beside me. 

"I- You know what? Fine, I'll give you a chance. My name is Emma. Sorry about that kid before." I glance at James. 

"It's okay. Do you mind if I show you something?" 

"Um okay...what time and where?" I look away from James and stop. He stops too. 

"Birch tree, midnight." He winks and disappears. 

I roll my eyes and walk all of the way back home.

****