The Arena

"Wait, wait, wait. So you're saying you sacrificed yourself for us?" Emma asks James while trying to break the lock. 

"You asked that 5 times, Emma." James says. 

"How could you possibly want to save us if you don't know us?" 

"You also asked that 5 times. Look guys, I understand you don't trust me but you have to to survive! Get me out before the guards arrive, then we can have some real talk." James starts Emma break the lock but then stops when they hear sounds. 

"Quick! They're coming!" James whispers to Emma.

"Well, well, well, he really was telling the truth when he said he would see you again. Too bad it's only for a little bit."

A guard walks up to James cell on the opposite side of the four kids. 

"We can kill you, no problem!" Emma yells at the guard. 

"Quite the opposite, WE know how to kill YOU. Guys! Bring them to the last place they'll be after tomorrow." Four other guards walk up and grab the four. 

The guards unlock the cell door and throw them in. 

"We can risk having you four together."

The 5 stay silent as the guards walk away. 

"Why did you bring us here?" John asks James. 

"I-I thought we could help each other..." James says, looking down. 

"Well that didn't work did it?!" John yells at James. 

"My execution is tomorrow, now it's yours too..." James says to the four with shame. 

"So we're going to die...?" Amelia quietly says from the corner of her cell. 

'Yes-" John starts. 

"No" Emma cuts him off. 

"We are going to find a way out of this place...together." She finishes, glaring at John. 

****

"Wake up! It's time for some last moments together!" The guard from yesterday yells down the hallway. 

I open my eyes and sit up. 

Everyone else is also getting up, rubbing their eyes. 

"Great, today is the day where we die...so exciting!" Emma yells out sarcastically, rolling her eyes. 

5 guards unlock our doors and hand cuff us. 

Emma struggles and ends up getting hit in the head my the butt of a gun. 

But oddly enough, she didn't fall unconscious.

 We get pushed and pulled down the tight hallway, tripping over our own feet at some points. 

We arrive into an arena, with everyone from the classes sitting and cheering. 

I hear mom yelling at me from Class D area. But I am allowed to answer. 

We stay silent until they tie us up on poles. 

The stands go quiet as the President starts talking. 

"We honor these kids death because they are criminals. Now, everyone class has to be executed  in a special way," Everyone is silent as he pauses. "Class A has to be drowned to die. Class B has to be stabbed in the chest. Class C gets killed by falling off a high ledge and lastly, Class D dies of strangulation."