Amelia

"Amelia! Get out of bed!" Dad yells from his room. 

I ignore him and continue sleeping. 

He stomps into my room and rips the covers off of me. 

"Aye! Dad! I am cold!" I yell back, trying to pull the covers back on. 

"Amelia, you may be almost invisible to other students but that doesn't mean you can skip first period." 

"Maybe it does. I think I remember when you told me you did the same." 

Dad sighs deeply. 

"You and your memory...Get out of bed" He finally walks out and closes my door. 

I sit up in bed and look around. I see that my alarm is laying on the floor. 

"What the-"

I ignore it and go to my closet. I take my shorts and t-shirt and pull them on. 

I take my school bag and walk out of my room. 

I walk down stairs and get to the kitchen where a banana and apple awaits for me. 

I grab them and head out of the house. 

Dad is already gone so I lock the door behind me. 

****

"When was your first word as a baby?" The teacher looks around and sees me leaning back in my chair. 

"Amelia, you go first" 

I stay in my position and answer the teacher. 

"Death" I say in a mockingly baby voice. 

The teacher frowns and picks up his phone. Someone answers on the other line. 

I roll my eyes. The teacher puts the phone down and nods. 

"You are correct" 

"Isn't that the point?" I glare at other students who are looking at me weirdly. 

The teacher silently turn away from me and continues asking questions. 

10 minutes later, the bell rings. 

I Run out of the room and head for the exit. 

"Miss Amelia! Come here at once!" I hear the principle yell. I stop and turn to her office. 

"Sorry for running, Miss Wells." I look down as I sit in her chair. 

"No, that's not why I called you. I need to tell you that since this morning, I have seen you being followed...May I ask why?" 

My face goes blank. I see a black figure at the corner of her window and shift away. 

"I don't know anything about this." The principle nods and motions me that I am dismissed. 

I finally leave school and walk home. 

The words of the principle come flooding into my mind. Suddenly I feel someone watching me. 

I turn a corner and walk down the alley. I curse as I realize it's a dead end. 

I turn back and someone hits me. It goes black. 

****