Chapter 3

3RD POV

Jim rides his bike, as fast as he could, cycling to the dentist. As soon as he reaches there, he parks his bike and runs inside.

"Don't go in there, he's in there with a patient!" The assistant said. Jim didn't care, and he ran inside, seeing the dentist with a tool that's about to go into Toby's mouth. Panting with excitement, he starts.

"Tobes," Jim says.

Muffled, Toby greets him back. "Tobes! Tobes, Tobes, Tobes, Tobes! I have got to talk to you!" Speaking incoherently, Toby says he's busy, but Jim doesn't understand.

" He says, 'I am a little busy right now," The dentist told Jim. The dentist takes about four fake teeth and shoves it into Toby's mouth. "Oh, it hurts!" Toby moaned in pain. Jim just closed his eyes and started again.

" Okay, remember the thing we found the other day? In the canals. The thing with the gems and stuff?" Jim told him. " It works! it works like crazy!" He exclaimed. Toby, moaning in pain again, said if it could wait, but Jim again didn't understand. The dentist then explained again to Jim.

He brought over the drill and started to drill inside Toby's mouth. Jim, annoyed, finally speaks up. " I've already waited until morning. Who goes to the dentist for two days in a row?!"He exclaimed.

"Ow! I want to get these braces off before I'm 30." Toby says, hoping he would understand. Again, speaking incoherently, Jim doesn't understand.

Dentist: I want to get these braces off before I'm 30.

Toby: It's like my mouth is an engineering project.

Jim: What?

Dentist: It's like my mouth is an engineering project.

Jim then asked how much longer it takes. He pulls up a drill, with a shing, and Toby gasps. He screams. Jim, stands there, wincing.

-Time skip to Jim's house and it's night.-

Jim walks back and forth. " Eight hours! I can't believe it takes eight hours!" Toby just listed on some more things he had gone through.

"Well, whatever. Okay, Tobes. You are never going to believe this." Jim started to pull out his amulet while Toby complains about his mouth being sore.

"Do you have any aspirin? Does my mouth hurt like crazy?.." Jim takes out the amulet.

"Toby, pay attention. For the glory of Merlin, daylight is mine too-" Jim gets interrupted by the microwave. "Are you punking me right now?" Toby asked.

Jim takes a deep breath and activates the amulet. As soon as he finished the incantation, he was embedded in his suit. Toby gasped and squealed. " Holy champignon!" He exclaimed.

" Oh-ho-ho-ho! How cool is that?" Jim laughed. " Oh mah Gawd. What? Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! So cool, so cool, so cool! Dude, you know what this means, right? You have a sacred responsibility here."

Jim realized that's the same thing the creepy things said. "That's what they said!"

"Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh," Toby was still surprised and started to laugh at the same time. He ate a bite of his pizza and started to wonder what Jim could do with his newfound power.

"You have to use these new powers for the benefit of mankind. You have to use this to kick Steve's butt." Toby said with an evil smirk on his face.

Jim, not surprised at all, instead of more annoyed. "Really? I show you a glowing sword and a suit of armor that can only be magic, and that's how you respond?" He said annoyed.

Toby, still not getting the gist, continued. " Seriously! It's butt-kicking time!" He tries doing karate moves. "Dang, these pants are elastic. Wait. Also, who's 'they'?" Toby asked.

Putting his hand behind his neck, Jim says, " That's what I've been freaking out over!"

Suddenly, there's pounding on the door. Both boys turn their heads and look over. Whoever was knocking showed their face and peered in. Toby, seeing the creature, gasped and told him not to open the door. "Wh- What- what the heck is that?! Don't open the door!" Toby asked, frighten.

Jim suddenly nervous, starts to pull his sword. Before he was able to grab it, the creature came in. Blinkous or Blinky laughed. "Master JIM!" The six-eyed creature said. Toby getting even more scared by the deep voice of the creature, decided to call someone. "I'm calling 911!" Before he got the chance to another huge creature came in. Thump. " No! Animal Control!" Toby said, running to the kitchen to get the phone.

" No, Animal Control. Oh, gosh. Oh, gosh. Oh, gosh. They talk." Toby said, frantically trying to call Animal Control. 

"I knew it was but a matter of time before the amulet called to us," Blinky said, happy that he found the troll hunter. Jim was confused. " I'm sorry, did you say 'Called'?" He asked. In a knowing tone, Blinky said, " Well..actually, no we've been spying on you." (Creepy much?). 

The big guy repeats and laughs. Blinky tries to justify it. "Well, more like keeping a close watch. 

Finally, AAARRRGGHH!!!, apparently since that was his name, came in with a huge thump. " Door small." 

In the small distance, Toby calls animal control and they pick up. 

"Animal Control." Said the monotonous person. 

" Monsters, at my best friend's house! I need you to send a squad!" Toby replied, frantically. 

"Do you think this is a joke, kid?" The lady over the phone said. 

"Make that the National Guard! ... Animal Control hung up on me!" Toby said in disbelief. Everyone looking over, Blinky speaks up. 

"You told your stout little friend about us?" 

Jim, not knowing what to do, scratches his neck nervously. "Why, uh...is that a problem?" 

"Master Jim, we trolls have gone to great lengths to keep our existence secret from your kind, lest there be panic," Blinky explains. Toby starts to panic again, proving the kind creature's point. 

"Oh, my gosh, oh, my gosh, oh, my gosh, Oh, my gosh." Toby takes a kitchen tool and starts to use it as a weapon. Jim walks over and tells him it's okay. 

" They're like nine feet tall.." Toby murmurs. " This is my best friend, Toby D." Jim said, apparently thinking it's the time to introduce him to them. 

Toby was scared to death. This wasn't the way that things were going. 

Hey guys, Sorry for being so inactive. Thanksgiving break has officially started, so I can put all my work into this. I am really sorry again. Also, should I do a Spiderman homecoming x reader? But instead of peter parker being the spiderman, the reader is instead, and its a female. So I guess Spider-woman homecoming

idk I thought of the idea, but If u guys like it comment down below yes or no for doing the story

also heads up,

Liz will be gender-switched,  and for those of you who don't know what it is, it basically means taking a character and turning it into its opposite gender. and I'll think of a name soon, but the love triangle is gonna be between Peter Parker and Liz ( gender-switched) 

overall, its going to be like Spiderman homecoming but the reader is the main person instead and peter parker and neds are her best friend. Liz ( gender-switched ) is her crush,even though its peter ( we all know that no one can resist super cute peter parker )

hope u guys like the idea and I hoping to see ur answers soon

btw, guys short chapter