𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @guysanddolls222

Title: Once Upon a Dream

Key: (h/c)= hair color, (e/c)= eye color

One day, I'm going to live in there," Mona pointed up to the castle as her new friend, Raphael, turned his head thoughtfully.

"Is that so?" he mused, giving a small smile to her from behind the bandana that covered his mouth. Readjusting the black cloak that somehow always stayed in place and never showed his body, he looked down at Mona; the only person he'd ever loved.

But, he'd never admit it. Even if they were both outcasts; mutants. She didn't know that, though. With Raphael hidden under a mask and cloak, she didn't know what he was. She didn't know he was just like her. 

++++++++++

"Raphael, I want to give you something," Mona muttered bashfully as she looked up at his looming figure.

"Oh, yes? What is it?" he looked off the cliff they were standing on and looked back at Mona, the most beautiful creature he'd ever seen. Gently, she reached up with her four-fingered hand and tugged down his bandana. Now able to see his mouth, she leaned up and whispered into his ear as Raphael closed his eyes in pure bliss.

"Happy birthday," then, leaning up on her toes, she put her mouth to his. 

++++++++++

"Mona, what?" Raphael looked helplessly at the girl he loved, even though now, she wore a different shell.

"Do you like it? I found a drink on the ground and it made me pass out, but when I woke up I was like this!" Human. Mona, the once beautiful gecko, was now a human. Beautiful and curvy all the same, but Raphael could see it in her eyes.

She was ugly on the inside.

"I told you to never drink anything you found on the ground. What if something happened to you and you died?" Raphael snapped, secretly afraid for Mona.

"What's the worst thing that could happen? Ending up alone here, hiding myself because no one could ever love me the way I am?" Raphael was no stupid, he knew she was talking about him. He didn't respond, though. It wasn't his place to tell her anything anymore. Mona, satisfied with the damage, turned and stumbled off through the woods towards the castle.

Her childhood dream was finally coming true. 

++++++++++

"I, too, have a gift to bestow upon the child," Raph grinned widely, striding slowly over to the cradle, ignoring Mona and the king's cries of despair.

"No, stay away!" Leah, one of the three fairies, shrieked, holding onto the cradle with both hands.

"Yes, stay away from the pri-" Donna backed-up, trying to block Raphael from coming any closer. Myka just stared, holding one of the baby's hands. With an annoyed flick of his entirely-bandaged wrist, the fairies were flying across the room, falling into an empty chest as the lid slammed shut after them.

Finishing his walk to the cradle, Raphael peered down at the baby with disgust. Wide-open (e/c) eyes and a little tuft of (h/c) hair looked up at him. Gurgling happily, the baby lifted up both hands and smiled at Raphael.