ten.

ONCE UPON A DREAM

The room was in a frenzy on the night of the Yule Ball. Hermione had transformed into an entirely new person and Patricia looked like an actual goddess.

"Oh you two, I'm going to cry!" exclaims Lavender as she stares at the two girls in front of her.

Patricia sent her friend a lopsided grin, "You helped us a lot, Lav."

"Ready to make jaws drop, ladies?" Parvati asks, a hand on her slim waist as the girls giggled.

Together, they walked down to the Great Hall where their dates would be waiting. Patricia felt stupid, wearing dress, heels and make-up, and looking like a princess when she was supposed to be clad in a breast plate, army boots, carrying a shield and her trusty celestial bronze sword, like a warrior.

"Do you think I look okay?" Hermione asks Patricia nervously. The demigod sent her friend a small smile and pulled her into a hug.

"You look absolutely stunning, 'Mione. Just have fun and don't let anyone spoil your night."

Hermione looked close to tears as she pulled Patricia into another hug, "Thanks, Pat."

"Oh, don't thank me." Patricia pulls away. "Now, let's go make their undies drop!"

Laughing, the two girls walked down the staircase. As they neared the bottom, Patricia made eye contact with Draco, who was standing alone ㅡ no Goon #1 or #2 in sight. He was wearing jade green dress robes, his platinum blonde hair tousled neatly. Patricia rolls her eyes when he sends her a wink and a smirk, the same flirty one he sent her on her very first day at Hogwarts, although, this time, she knew it was meant playfully.

Then she switched her eyes to Harry. He looked dashing, to say the least. His usually unruly hair was gelled into a slick style, and his dress robes made him look like a prince straight from the stories Sally used to read for her. Emerald green meets sea green, and, although Patricia didn't experience the time-stopping thing from cliché fantasies, the look of innocent awe on his face was enough.

Slowly, she makes her way over to Harry, who had been grinning widely, his eyes shining brightly like jewels in the sun. Patricia sends him a teasing grin, "Hey, Greenie, finally tamed your hair?"

Rolling his eyes good-naturedly, Harry sends her a boyish smile (Patricia feels her heart stop. Literally. Was this how Percy felt whenever he looks at Annabeth? She wonders how he handles it, because quite frankly, she feels like fainting). He offers her his elbow, which Patricia graciously accepts, "You say that as if it's such an achievement, princess."

"Oh, believe me, it is." Harry sends her a mock look of offense and was about to retort when McGonagall spots them and ushers them to where the other champions were lined up. They look at each other in confusion.

"Oh no," says Harry, finally realizing what they were going to do. "We'd be up first. Dancing and all."

Patricia scrunches her nose, shivering at the idea of them looking like drunk ducks while the other champions swayed gracefully. She tightens her hold on Harry's arm and sends him a grin and a tilt of her head, "Ready to put everyone's dancing to shame?"

A breathy laugh escapes Harry's lips as he shakes his head in amusement. For a moment, he was worried as he had half-expected Patricia to panic and back-out last minute, knowing how horrible of a dancer he was. With fond eyes, he returns her grin, "As long as you're with me."