seventeen.

BREATH BEFORE THE PLUNGE

As always, demigod dreams were a pain in the ass. The day had been normal ㅡ well, as normal as it could be when you're helping your kind-of-boyfriend prepare for a tournament with a ridiculously high death rate.

Patricia had gone to bed that night with a troubled look on her face, remembering Harry's performance as they practiced. While he was certainly astounding, it was more of the fact that aside from the tournament, there was another thing out there to kill him. So while the other champions worried about practicing spells and going through strategies, Harry had to worry about that and uncover the truth of who was responsible for this mess and find out what else they were planning to avoid it.

As if the Patricia's own worries weren't enough, she now had involuntarily added more to that when she realized she fell hard for a scrawny raven haired boy with glasses. It was one of the best and the worst decision she had made in her life.

Going back, Patricia had been relatively eased of her troubles prior to sleeping (thanks to the same scrawny bespectacled male specimen), but of course, when had sleeping ever helped make a demigod relax?

Unlike the other nights ㅡ where the demigod was relentlessly badgered by Hera, the queen duckface ㅡ Patricia was met by Percy, who, while looking distinctly ruffled, sent her his usual wide grin.

"So, any luck with our old pal Daedalus?" asked Patricia. Percy winced, remembering the event from a few hours prior to their meeting. As time flowed differently where she was, only a two or three days had passed since the day the two reunited.

The grim look on his face told Patricia everything, "Remember Rachel? Red hair, freckles, helped us escape from the crazy cheerleaders?" The daughter of Poseidon's eyes widen in realization. "Yeah, well, Annabeth doesn't really...like her."

A snort was emitted by Patricia, who was biting her lips to stop the laugh from leaving her lips. Her twin looks at her incredulously. "Of course she doesn't, dumbass. Gods, Perce, you're as dense as ever."

"Says you!" cried Percy, chest puffed out in indignation. "Besides, what does me being dense have anything to do with Annabeth not getting along with Rachel?"

Patricia rolls her eyes, "Well, if Annabeth told you that, I don't know, Ethan? or Luke was flirting with her, hitting her up, and that you'd have to go on a quest with them and her, would you like that?"

"Of course, I won't. Luke's the enemy!"

Patricia sighs, "And Ethan? You know, Ethan Andrews, son of Ares, one of my close chum-"

"I know who he is," replied Percy with roll of his eyes. "And it's fine if he goes, because I'm sure as Hades that he does not, in any way, like Annabeth."

"Percy your stupidity never fails to amaze me," gawked Patricia, a resigned look on her face. 

"We're not here to talk about whether or not I'm stupid ("But you are, brother.") We're here because...well, we've found a way home."

"You said that last time," Patricia deadpans, her arms crossed as she raises an eyebrow.

Percy shook his hands wildly in the air, "Yeah but last time, I told you we weren't sure with who would help you get back." Patricia frowns, her eyebrows furrowing as she remembers that her twin was right. "Listen, we don't have much time, and the method Chiron and Annabeth explained was very complex that I had to listen to their five-hour lecture about three times before I understood the gist of it."