SWEETENER

SWEETENER
INTRODUCTION

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     Evangeline Rosewell has not had the easiest life. She's been an orphan since she was twelve, her mother dying of an unknown illness only a year before her father died in a tragic hunting accident. She had no aunts, uncles, or older cousins to take care of her—if she did, they never came forward—and so she was shipped off to the London Institute to be raised. The very Institute that was already infamous for taking in lost, orphaned children, having two very different children already as wards.

Evangeline arrived at the Institute mere months after Will Herondale, and mere weeks after Jem Carstairs. They were all the same age; they were all orphans, as far as anyone knew; and they were all scarred in some way. It was no surprise that they all bonded quickly. More often than not, Charlotte would check on them in the middle of the night and find both Evangeline and Will out of their beds, only to find them both curled around Jem in his. If one was missing, odds were they were looking for the other two. If two were missing, then the other would go missing soon, too. And if all three were missing, then that meant they were up to something, and it would trigger Charlotte's fight or flight response.

By the time more people came to stay at the London Institute—Thomas, Sophie, Agatha, Henry, Jessamine—the trio was impossible to penetrate. It was near impossible for someone else to enter their little bubble, impossible to join in on their whispered conversations or laugh at their inside jokes. Impossible for everyone but the mysterious shapeshifting girl that stumbled into their lives. She walked right into their bubble like it was hers, like there was already a place waiting for her, and the trio didn't bat an eye. They just continued like usual, and loved and loved and loved until they simply couldn't anymore.

(   CONTENT WARNINGS: polyamorous relationships between four people, victorian era slut-shaming, death, demons, gideon lightwood actually being the worst lightwood brother   )

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧