Chapter 1

He wasn't even speeding, nor was he distracted; the man just appeared out of nowhere. Type was on his usual ride home, his bike going at a steady speed while his fingers clutched the breaks and this man, Type had never seen him before, stepped out onto the road. It wasn't a hugely severe accident, Type's bike wasn't even damaged nor was Type but the man who currently sat dumbfounded on the floor was holding his arm. Type hurriedly stood by his side and offered the man a hand, he gratefully took it and was hoisted to his feet.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Type apologised, his words coming out so fast, the shorter man could barely catch them. But before he knew it, his body was slumped over the back of Type's as he revved the engine of his bike and took off.

*

"It's only fractured so don't worry too much." The man appeared, once again out of nowhere, next to Type who anxiously sat in the waiting room, his leg uncontrollably shaking while his hands tied together in his lap. He instantly stood up, a little closer than necessary but brought his hands together in front of his chest and continued to apologise.

"Kid, don't worry. It was my fault, I wasn't look-"

"I'll pay!" Type reached into his back pocket, fishing for his poor excuse of a wallet and delving a hand into it, pulling out no more than a few coins. Nevertheless, he held them out to the man with a weak smile, he knew it wasn't enough but being a university student resulted in him having very little spare cash.

"I can't take your money." He pushed the youngster's hands away with his decent hand causing the taller of the two to pout. He knew how hard it was to be a university student and how expensive the education was, he simply couldn't take away the little money this stranger had just because he wasn't looking where he was going.

"But-"

"If you really have to pay me back?" Type eagerly nodded his head.

"Help me out with my work." The man simply stated. Type hesitated for a moment.

"What do you do?" Type asked, he wanted to help, he really did but safety always came first and no matter how attractive or how welcoming or how muscular this man was, Type wouldn't do anything that would put himself in danger.

"I'm an author." The man confirmed. Type tilted his head in surprise, he didn't know what he was expecting but it wasn't that.

"Oh...don't you use a computer?" Type questioned, the other man shifted impatiently, they were still standing in the waiting room and he wasn't a huge fan of all the uncanny stares the two were receiving.

"I prefer to handwrite, it flows better." The man answered bluntly. Type nodded his head in understanding and the two were soon back on Type's bike; he had offered the man a lift home and it wasn't long before Type was assisting the man right to his doorstep on the fourth floor of his apartment complex.

"Oh, I'm Type by the way." Type said while the man searched for his keys and began to unlock his door.

"Tharn." The man - Tharn - pushed on his door, forcing it to open, well as far as it would before it got stuck. Tharn had been meaning to fix it but clearly he hadn't gotten round to it. Type's eyebrows rose and he opened his mouth to speak but Tharn caught his words.

"I need to fix that." He said almost awkwardly, slipping into his apartment and facing Type.

"I can do that if you want. I have the tools at home." Type shifted on his feet, a finger pointing to the hinges that weren't looking how hinges should look. Tharn smiled and nodded his head, accepting the help.

"Great, see you next...Monday?" Tharn asked, it was currently Friday night and Tharn wanted to get writing as soon as possible, his deadline was only around the corner.

"Sure, see you!" Type waved a joyful hand and made his way to the elevator. Tharn pushed his door shut, struggling slightly but eventually he heard the familiar click and locked it for the night.

*

Type began his research. What did Tharn write? How well known is he? Is Tharn single? What? He was curious. Type wasn't entirely sure whether he liked men or not but Tharn, Tharn was so appealing to him, so entrancing, he hadn't felt such a way since his ex and he believed what they shared was something on the lines of love.

Tharn was a complete nobody, the little information Type could find wasn't even relevant. He had an Instagram, Type checked that out: the last post Tharn made was on the 25th September, 2016. He looked very different back then, still handsome but now he had a more...mature essence about him. Type also learnt that he had a dog, a small Pomeranian called Chopper who had been living at his parents home since Tharn moved out. Other than that, there wasn't much else about the mysterious man.