Chapter 9

Sunday was relaxed, the two spent the day indulging in street food, buying souvenirs and watching the sunset on the beach. They didn't have sex that night, Type's hips were aching and Tharn didn't want to make them worse, however they did spend the night cuddling and just talking which was very pleasant.

Monday morning however, was not so nice. They had to get home and the two hour drive loomed over them like a dark cloud. They were both surprisingly packed and ready before ten which gave them just enough time to take a final stroll along the beach, holding hands, before the taxi would arrive.

*

"Thanks." Tharn handed the cash to the driver and opened the door, allowing both him and Type to leave the comfort of the taxi and onto the busy streets. They both made their way up to Tharn's apartment, Type planned on staying there for a few nights and then heading home to see his parents who missed him dearly. And all was well until Tharn was twisting the key into the door, only to find it was already unlocked. Dread instantly boiled through the two, Tharn had months of work stashed in there, he had possessions and photos and things he wanted to keep. Tharn pushed open the door, peering around the corner in case someone was still in there, and he was glad he did when he saw a certain somebody sitting on the couch, a cigarette in one hand and a messy notepad in the other.

"San? What're you doing here? How did you get in?" Tharn opened the door fully, staring at the man who seemed unphased by the questions. Type quickly followed Tharn in, pushing off his shoes and closing the door behind him.

"Remember the spare key you gave me all those years ago?" San rose a teasing eyebrow. Tharn nodded his head in remembrance. There was a short period of time when San was living with Tharn, nothing romantic just San needing a place to stay and Tharn being a good person. It resulted in Tharn getting a spare key made for his housemate, San just never got rid of it.

"Why're you here, San?" Tharn pressed, his voice sounding tired and bored.

"I just wanted to ask what all this is?" He looked to the notepad in his hand, the pages all scrunched up and hanging over the edges. Tharn could only stare at it, he had never felt so disappointed in himself.

"My novel."

"Your novel?" San scoffed.

"The start of my novel." Tharn added, not that it changed much. San scoffed again and dumped the pages at his feet, rising from his chair and closing the distance between him and Tharn.

"That was supposed to be completed by the end of next month. If you don't get another one written by then, I'll no longer be your editor." San warned, his voice bitter and cold. Tharn dropped his eyes to the floor.

"You can't leave me." The vulnerability was clear in his voice. Type wanted to hug him, tell him it was going to be alright but he knew best not to get involved.

"I can and I will, Tharn. You know if you fail this, the company will have to let you go." San said from a business perspective. Type didn't really understand how the company worked, it all seemed slightly odd to him and by the look on Tharn's face, he didn't really understand it either.

"San, please." Tharn fell to his knees. His eyes soft and round with water as he tried to hold himself together.

"I'm done here." San pushed past. Opening the door and slamming it behind himself as he walked away. Type instantly rushed to Tharn's side, wrapping a caring arm around his broad shoulders and pulling him close to his chest.

"It's okay, we'll just have to work harder." Type tried to comfort Tharn who was quickly breaking down.

"But you need to go home and I can't write because my brain isn't working and-"

"Shh, listen. We'll get it sorted, alright?. Hey, why don't I take you to my house? We could set up a desk and everything." Type suggested although Tharn was very reluctant to agree. But after a while of convincing, Tharn gave in. It looked like Tharn was going for a second holiday.