Forever Pt. 2

(A/N: Any pictures within this chapter DO NOT depict what the characters look like. It is merely a depiction as far as what they are wearing. Enjoy! xoxo)

Anna's POV

The events of today were not helping with the raging anxiety I had building up inside of me. Everywhere I looked, all I saw were decisions that needed to be made, as well as changes to so many things. My head was spinning rapidly, so instead of being the center of attention, I went to Michael and I's bedroom to take a breather and clear my head. It felt nice to be the center of everyone's thoughts, but sometimes it can truly be overwhelming. I laid my back down on the soft mattress that enveloped my fall when suddenly there was a soft knock on the door, followed by the opening of the door.

"Anna? I hope that I'm not disturbing you, dear." My body flung up from the mattress, only to be met face-to-face with Katherine.

"Not at all, I apologize for not being appropriately dressed. It's just been such a long day that I needed to take a moment for myself." She waved her hand at me before sitting down next to me on the bed.

"Sweetheart, I have known you since you were a teenager and have seen you grow into such a beautiful young woman that any way you are dressed is perfectly fine. You are about to become my new daughter, so you might as well expose all of your flaws." She chuckled softly before grabbing my hand in hers. "You know, I have always wanted another daughter added to the family. I have my own three, as well as many daughters-in-law and granddaughters, and for me to say that I want another one comes as no shock to anyone. But the fact that you are going to be the newest addition, as well as Michael's true love is such an absolute blessing," Tears of joy filled my eyes as Katherine went on,

"I have seen you grow and bloom into such a beautiful and adequate young woman that it is almost hard to believe that this is the same Anna who took care of my boy when he was in pain, became his lifelong friend, as well as his very first and only true love. I know Michael has had his faults, and I to this day am still somewhat disappointed in him, but I am so proud of the fact that he managed to realize what he was missing and go get it before it was too late. Though the two of you had a rough restart, you still managed to forgive him for his mistakes and still be there for him. For that, I am forever grateful. I not only came here to give you a speech, but also to give you a family heirloom of mine that I have not given to anyone, but I feel that it only fits you after all you have done for Michael and our family." I quickly dried my tears that were still continuing to flow at an inconvenient rate and watched Katherine pull out a navy blue, velvet box. Enclosed in its satin covering sat the most beautiful hairpiece I had ever laid eyes on. The silver comb sat untouched as the sapphires glittered in the light.

"Katherine...I-I can't accept something of such value." I feared to even touch it for it could break into a million pieces with my luck.

"You can and you will. Anna I want you to have it to be able to pass down to your daughter, and her daughter, and her daughter. I want this hairpiece to travel down one hundred generations before anyone decides to give it up. It was my great-grandmother's and I know that she would want to see the same thing." She gracefully picked the comb up from its satin pillow before placing it in my hands. I delicately stroked my fingertips over the ridges in the piece before setting it back in its box.

"I love it, thank you so much, Katherine." I wrapped my arms around her neck with her following suit.

"I wanted you to have it all this time, plus you needed something blue." She pulled apart from our embrace and nipped my chin with her thumb. Suddenly, our moment was interrupted by Jacquelin who looked quite sheepish.

"Oh dear, I did not mean to disturb." Katherine and I both waved her off.

"You are perfectly fine, I know we are on a time crunch." Jacquelin nodded and came into the room full body.