Redemption (Jane Urie) 6

Brendon walked into the kitchen, fully dressed, and kissed his wife who was making coffee.  "Are we ready to go?" he asked.

"Almost," she took a sip.  "I have to reprint the list since I added to it last night.

Brendon playfully rolled his eyes.   "You're never satisfied, are you?"

"It's called worrying as a mom.  The dad's usually come later."

"Okay.   I have time.  Good to know."

"You won't say that when it hits hard."

He smirked.  "I'm gonna use that in the bedroom."

Sarah lightly hit his arm.  "Jane, are you almost ready?"

"Yeah."   Their daughter strolled in.  "Is dad done talking dirty?"

"You know he never is."

Brendon kissed Sarah, "I'll start the car," and left.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom one last time," Jane said, heading toward the stairs.  Sarah grinned as Jane ran up and was out of her view, proceeding to sip her cup.

Jane closed and locked the bathroom door, looking at her reflection.  But a quick snap of her fingers changed the image to Daniella Wentz, whose once flowing, blonde hair now resembled a haystack.  The eyes filled with life were now dead and dry, with wrinkled skin beneath.  She hugged herself as if she were cold.

"So," Jane began.  "How's it feel to never have existed?"   she smirked.

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you."

"Neither does this mirror.   Still, I'd watch that attitude if I were you."

"What's your plan?  To drive me to the brink of insanity?

"To be honest, I don't know."

"Then why don't you throw me in Hell already?"

"Relax. I can let you go at any time."

"Will you?"

"Of course."

Daniella's eyes grew.

"But I'm having too much fun right now."  Jane snapped her fingers again and her own reflection was restored.

"Jane!"  Her mom yelled.  "Come on, your dad's waiting!"

She skittered down the steps to the car.  As she buckled her seatbelt, she caught Daniella in the car window and smiled as they drove off.

Brendon looked at his daughter in the rearview mirror.  "Whatcha thinking about, Jane?"

"Oh, nothing. I just hope we find everything for my dorm."