𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

Frankie and El sobbed together as the youngest of the two screamed in agonizing pain

'What the hell is that?!' asked Frankie, looking at her sister's wound. 'There's something in there.' said Mike as El kept wailing in pain. Too focused on her sister, Frankie didn't notice Jonathan leaving.

'El, I need you to stay awake, okay? For me?' the girl nodded and cried in pain.

'Let's get her on this side, on this side. Easy, easy, easy, easy.' said Mike as he took El from Frankie's hold, letting Steve comfort her.

'It's, uh... You know, it's not actually that bad.' began Robin. 'There was a... The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane.' Frankie looked up at her through wet lashes.

'Robin?'

'Yeah?'

'I love you, but shut up. You're not helping.'

'Okay.I'm sorry.'

Steve pulled Frankie in his chest, dropping his chin on her shoulder. 'It's okay, she's gonna be fine. She's strong. She'll pull through.' Frankie nodded at the encouraging words, muttering a soft 'I love you' to the boy. He pecked her on the cheek just as Jonathan came back, holding a bunch of supplies.

Frankie's eyes grew wide at the knife.

'Okay, El, This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?' he said as he put on a pair of gloves. El nodded and choked out an 'okay.'

'Need you to stay real still. Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?' he asked and passed her a wooden spoon, which she put between her teeth. Frankie hid her face in Steve's neck and he pulled them up from the floor, taking a few steps back.

Not being able to watch it, Frankie had to suffer through El's screams. Until she finally looked, almost vomiting at the sight of Jonathan's fingers inside her leg.

Eleven began to protest, but Jonathan wasn't listening.

'Jonathan, stop!' yelled Frankie and he looked up at her, listening.

'I can do it. I can do it.' El breathed out, and Frankie let a few tears drop. The young girl stood up properly, crying in pain. She began using her powers, screeching at the pain. Steve tightened his arms around Frankie, whispering encouraging words as El kept screeching and wailing, a creature slowly coming out of her wound.

Suddenly, the lights cut out and a window broke next to them, making Steve get far away from it, using his body to shield Frankie. With one last screech, El threw the chittering creature as far away as possible from them.

Frankie finally looked up at the sound of a foot squashing something, and she chuckled in relief.

'Dad.' She freed herself from Steve's arms, running at full speed towards her father. He caught her and picked her up, shushing as she sobbed in his neck. He walked towards the rest, still holding Frankie, her legs dangling in the air. He put her down, and looked her over for injuries.