Chapter 15 Forced Fight

Aura's narration

From this point on, I was done fighting.

I may have lost two families in one lifetime, but I wasn't going to throw away the new life I was being offered here.

I had even gotten rid of my black markings, choosing to just look as normal as possible.

Vanilla had filled in the gap left behind by my parents and Ki dying, always willing to help me out during my stay there.

Cream had more or less become somewhat a person who looked up to me.

I wasn't sure if Cream viewed me as either an older brother...

...or the father she never had.

The two rabbits and one Chao had given me a restart that I was happy with.

Cream tried to convince me to go with her to meet her friends, but I had told the same as always.

I wasn't going to go back to fighting anymore.

Unfortunately, fate had sent me a reminder that I'm not done yet.

—————————————————————————

Normal POV

Vanilla's House

Aura was cleaning out the gutter of all the leaves, making sure the drain pipe could be used again for more rain.

He sees Cream arrive from today's activities.

She calls to him. "Mr Aura! How are you?"

Aura looks down and smiles at her. "I am well. I offered to clean the house up for the next few seasons. How are you?"

Cream smiles back. "I'm doing great. Me and my friends saved the day again and went to celebrate with ice cream."

Aura climbs down to her. "These friends of yours must be really nice. Saving the world one moment and having fun the next."

Cream nods. "They are, but why won't you let me show you to them? I'm sure they all want to be your friends too."

Aura sighs. "I am sorry Cream...but I made myself clear on why. I will no longer fight anyone. One day, you will understand me."

Cream looks at him with a bit of determination. "I know, but I'm not giving up on you, Mr Aura."

Aura points to the nearby window. "Your mother is working on laundry. If you hurry, you can help her."

Cream smiles and runs off to find Vanilla, leaving Aura to finish the job.

Aura felt a memory come back to him, which he hoped this one didn't haunt him.

"I HATE YOU!!!!!"

The blue canine shivers at that moment, trying to push those memories back.

He soon feels someone approaching the house, slowly getting there.

To his shock, he sees a purple figure coming towards him.

Aura hurried over to the figure's side. "Espio, what happened to you?"

Espio grunts in pain. "Lord Rai.....he beat us...."

Aura helps Espio into Vanilla's home, calling out for the rabbit family to help.

2 hours later...