Chapter 17 Honor For All

Normal POV

Field Village

Aura opens his eyes, seeing smoke from the aftermath of the hit.

A lot of bodies were spread across the area around him, mostly the leftover Fuji Clan members.

Aura gets onto his knees, breathing in and out to recover from all the action so far.

He looks over and gasps when he saw Cream standing over a sight he didn't want to see.

Blaze was hurt badly from the blast of energy, burn marks across her fur.

He runs over to her and kneels at her side. "Blaze!"

Espio gets up from his spot on the ground, coughing up some dust and dirt that went into his mouth.

The chameleon sees Aura and Cream over Blaze and rushes to them.

Blaze looks at Aura. "Are you alright?"

Aura nods. "Yes. Just rest now. Everything is going to be ok."

He then gets up and turns to look at Lord Rai in the distance.

The dark lord chuckles at the scene, finding pleasure in the blue canine's misery.

Aura picks up Anzen and puts it on his back.

He limps over closer to the statues, slowly approaching destiny.

Espio didn't stop him, because he knew he wouldn't be able to convince him otherwise.

Blaze looks on in a gaze of desperation, not wanting Aura to face death again.

Cream tears up, afraid to lose her new friend to a heartless being.

Aura stops a few yards away from the statues, feeling a spot on his shoulder before looking at the odds against him.

Lord Rai just solemnly waves him off. "Very well. Let's finish this."

The Emperor's statue army all aim at Aura, but only one prepares to fire.

Aura closes his eyes and focuses after turning back to his special form.

His thoughts clear quickly. "Inner peace...."

Lord Rai gives the order. "Fire!"

One statue fires an orb of energy at Aura, soaring across the air towards him.

Aura focuses deeper. "Inner peace...."

The orb got closer and closer with every second.

Aura reaches a hand out as it reaches him...

...and catches it, throwing it into a nearby debris pile!

Blaze, Espio and Cream look in surprise at this sudden twist, their friend completely unharmed,

The people of the valley watch from a distance, equally shocked at this action.

Lord Rai's eyes widened at the sight of Aura's palm after the shot.

Aura's palm was glowing with a bright aura, but it wasn't blue, purple or even gold.

It was pure white lighting up the area, not effecting Aura in the slightest.

Aura had not only mastered the Palm of Peace, but was in the Enlightened form too!

Lord Rai gives a death stare at him. "Again!"

Another statue fires at Aura immediately.