26

"No, no, no!" I growled, fisting my hair. "Damien is running back! His size and speed can give him both running and blocking and his catching skills are on par! Why the hell would you take him out of running back?!"

We had been here for hours now, arguing back and forth on the next plays and positions for the upcoming game. The sun had already set, my lamp switched on as the two of us lay in a nest of paper, pens, and markers.

Why did this guy have to be so damn stubborn? I've been running this team for three years now! I know when to call the shots and what not to do! RGH!

Kaden pushed himself up on the bed, sitting straight so he could show me his work, "Just listen to me." He growled back, my lips snapping shut as I glared at him. "I understand that Damien is a good running back and we'll keep him there for now, but, I want to try something different. You have Nolan as a receiver now, but his skills are fit as a running back. He might not be as big as Damien, but Nolan knows how to hold is own on the field and he's a stud when running."

That was true... over the last few years Nolan had been doing a lot better during scrimmages as running back... maybe Kaden did have a point...

So, instead of bickering with Kaden, I begrudgingly kept my mouth shut as he went on, "If Damien is the Tight End, we'll put him on the line with the boys. His duty will be a hybrid of blocking and a wide receiver. We'll put his size to use by ramming through the opposite teams' defensive line yet have him ready to receive any passes that come his way. It's a two-in-one combination that will end up destroying the other team. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Nodding, I grabbed my pen and jotted down a few notes, "Then put Aiden as full-back. His strength and speed are exceptional and you'll need him to guard your ass as well as Nolan's."

Kaden's brows furrowed and he shuffled a few papers, scanning the papers from previous line ups, "Aiden's never played full back before."

"Damien's never been a tight end." I shot back, arching a brow to emphasize my point.

"Fine, fine. I see what you're saying. We need a good guard anyways. The team we're playing may be an easy win, but they blitz down the field a lot."

Finally! Something we can freaking agree on! I swear, we'd been bickering about the offensive line up for hours now and we still had to think about the defense too.

Yawning, I covered my mouth with my hand just as the door to my room opened. Dad popped his head in through the door and immediately walked in as soon as he saw there was a boy on my bed.

Typical dad. I stifled my laugh and eye roll.

"Reyes, what are you doing in my house?" Dad asked sternly, trying his best to put on his 'macho-dad' look by crossing his arms over his chest.

Kaden grinned, and although dad couldn't see it, I saw the little evil twinkled in Kaden's eyes as he addressed my father, "Good evening, coach. Your lovely daughter and I are going over the plays and positioning for next week's games." Kaden shot me a wink.

Dad narrowed his eyes, "On her bed?"

"I read somewhere that information circulates faster while laying on a bed." Faster circulation my ass.

"Yeah, yeah." Dad rolled his eyes, walking over to Kaden and doing that stupid bro-shake with him. Dad's lips twitched into a smile, his mood shifting into something totally different than the whole 'I'm the father, must protect daughter' act from a minute ago. "It's good to see you, kid. How are your parents?"