Chapter 25

Two months passed and Nippy was now 5 months pregnant and home alone with Kadence while Michael was at the studio and Kris decided to show up.

Whitney: You done playing, baby girl ? *she seen Kadence walk to her* Now, we gotta pick them up, okay ? *the doorbell rang*

Kadence: Mommy. *pointed at the door*

Whitney: Let's go see who it is, baby. *picked her up*

Kadence: Daddy ?

Whitney: No, can't be daddy baby, he's working. *opened the door and gasped* This has to be a dream. Look who finally came to visit.

Kristina: It's not and don't be like that smart ass. *hugged her and kissed Kadence* Hey, sissy.

Whitney: *giggled* Heyy baby. How you been ?

Kristina: I'm better. *they walked into the living room*

Whitney: Where's Jazzy?

Kristina: With Maine, as always. You know she's a daddy's girl. *they sat down*

Whitney: Right. *they giggled* Can I ask you something ?

Kristina: Sure, baby.

Whitney: . . .You sure you're better ? Like, how have you REALLY been ?

Kristina: *sighed* Truthfully, work has kind of been distracting me from what's happened so it's been what and what with me. I'm slowly getting there though.

Whitney: You look happy, really. The conflict between you and Maine ? Y'all good or what ?

Kristina: It'll never be good for a while but he forgave me. Hell, I don't see how but you know things happen. I am happy, though. We finally cleared baby girls room and I've come to accepting everything.

Whitney: I knew y'all would come to some type of closure; if I can say that. I'm happy you're happy.

Kristina: *smiled* Yeah and I'm sorry for not calling and being distant.

Whitney: Girl, you don't have to apologize. I should hit you for that.

Kristina: *chuckled* Why ?

Whitney: We tell each other all the time that we gotta put ourselves first. I did not take anything personal cause I understood.

Kristina: *nodded her head as her eyes narrowed* ....Pregnant ?

Whitney: *covered her face* I know don't get on my ass. There was a lot going on at the time, I didn't want to ruin anything, plus, not everybody knows.

Kristina: *glanced at her stomach* Nippyyyy ! I'm so happy for you and Michael !

Whitney: So you don't feel no type of way for me not saying something sooner ?

Kristina: ...Matter of fact ? Hell yes, I do ! *they laughed* I talked to your ass at the party and you sat in my face at MY house and didn't say shit.

Whitney: I'm sorry, baby. For real I am but again I felt like it was inappropriate and we were there for my pumpkin.

Kristina: That's cool. Your ass was hiding it well.. that face gave it away for me but I ain't wanna speak on it. *they giggled* I was waiting for your ass to tell me !

Whitney: I'm sorryyyy ! *leaned over and hugged her as she whined a bit* You know now.

Kristina: Yes I do. *rubbed Nippy's belly* How's my baby been treating you ? *picked up Kady*