3

"Holy shit, you can see me?!"

The pack did not know what to say or do. I mean, a random girl just materialized in front of them. They did not expect an actual ghost to be the one behind Beacon Hills High creepiest moments. They couldn't take their eyes off her. Gabby felt uncomfortable under their stares. She stood up quickly, the pack following her lead. Scott finally decided to say something.

"Who are you?"

"Why do you care?"

"Why are you here?" Stiles.

"Are you okay?" Lydia.

"What's your name?" Malia.

"Who are you?" Scott asked again.

It all came to be too much for Gabby. She may be the ghost that scares people, but those people never talked to her. They just flinched, jumped, or ran away.

"Stop it. You don't want to help, no one does."

"But we do," said Scott, "we're different. We can help you."

"I would believe you, if I hadn't been lied to before."

With that, Gabby turned and started down the hallway.

"Wait-"

Gabby turned around, "Leave me alone. I don't need your help. I have been stuck here long enough to know that nobody wants to help me for me. They want something from me. How are any of you different?"

Gabby disappeared in wisps of red.

"We have to find her."

"Scott, she clearly doesn't want our help."

"She doesn't know us yet. She wants to leave, I know she does. All of you heard her. We have to show her how we're different from the rest."

The pack then made a plan. They knew she couldn't leave, as Gabby let it slip from her lips. They decided to split up and search the school in teams of two.

Scott and Kira would search one half of the ground while Lydia and Malia searched the other half. Stiles and Liam would search classrooms on their way to the roof. Meanwhile, Gabby sat on the roof, tears streaming down her face. She wanted to believe the boy so badly. She wanted to be free from her high school prison. She stood up, her face scrunched up in anger.

"What did I do to deserve this!," Gabby yelled, "WHAT DID I DO!"

Liam and Stiles stopped before they could open the door to the roof. They gave each other a look before opening the door.

"I told you to leave me alone."

"Look ghosty, my friend just wants to help you," Stiles tried to convince the girl.

"What don't you get? No one can help me! I am stuck here for eternity for god knows what reason. I know you're trying to prove that you are a good person, believe me I do. But I can't trust you. Too many people have tried to take advantage of me and I will not let it happen again. So just leave."

Liam then decided to break his silence. "I was once in your place."

Gabby turned to face the younger boy.

"I didn't trust them at first, but they proved to me that they were good people. Let them help you."

He held his hand out for her.

"How do I know you aren't lying to me?"

"Listen to my voice. You can trust me."

Gabby could see the boy was being sincere, so she took his hand.

////

Liam and Stiles made their way to the lacrosse field to meet up with the rest of the pack. The sky was beginning to lighten, so the group wouldn't have to be in complete darkness. The rest of the pack sat on the bleachers, watching the two come closer.

"Did you find her?" Scott asked. Gabby chose to reappear at that moment.

"They did. And they convinced me to talk to you."

"Why didn't you walk back with them?" Malia bluntly questioned.

"Malia-" Lydia started.

"No, it's okay. I was, but I couldn't handle the silence and lame jokes."

"I'll have you know my jokes aren't lame," Stiles retorted. Scott decided to interrupt before an argument exploded.

"Okay, okay. We'll start over again. Who are you?"

"Well, I'm Gabby, but you might know me by the name Gabriella Roe."

Stiles exploded. He knew the girl looked familiar. He had read the case files and police reports. He even tried to investigate what happened to her.

"I guess one of you knows me."

"Wait, how does he know you? We just met you." Kira said.

"You seriously don't know who she is? Gabriella Roe? The Gabriella Roe? The freshman girl that disappeared one day. She was there one moment but gone the next. Nobody knows what happened to her. Then her body appears out of nowhere. Autopsy reports say she died of hypothermia. I always found it weird how a 14 year old disappears and then dies from the cold, it doesn't even get that cold here. What's even weirder was that the autopsy said she died on Friday the 13th? So-"

"STILES!" The pack shouted to get his attention over his rambling.

"What? You don't know her, so I'm explaining."

"You're being insensitive," Lydia said, "She's standing right there."

Stiles turned to see the dead girl looking at him with tears welling up in her eyes. He couldn't find the words to apologise. He was stuck.

"Who told you that?" Gabby wanted to know who fed him these lies.

"It's on official police reports."

"That can't be. That's not true."

"Look, I understand you might be in denial-"

"No, you listen! No matter what those papers say, that is not the truth. You aren't the ghost, you aren't dead. You didn't feel the life leaving your body like I had to."

She was stepping closer to him during her argument, stabbing her finger into his chest.

"Don't pretend like you know me." Gabby stepped back and faced Scott.

"You are a good person, but how can you help someone you don't even know?"

"Trust me, we do it all the time." Scott spared a glance at his pack. Gabby nodded and ultimately decided to trust him.

"I will, trust you that is, and I'm sorry."

The pack accepted the girl's apology and looked at her fondly. They didn't see a ghost that scared others. Instead they saw a 14 year old who's life was taken too soon.

"I'll tell you what happened to me, but you guys honestly look like shit. Go home."

They could only laugh and agree. They made plans to meet later on in the day and left with one thing in mind.

They were going to find out what happened to the ghost of Beacon Hills High.