5

The plan was....simple enough. The pack had reconvened with Deaton to explain the tragedy that was Gabby's life. Luckily Deaton knew what they were dealing with. The plan didn't change much, only a couple more things had to be done. Gabby had to return to the Nemeton in order for her body to reappear. But she couldn't do that with her spirit trapped in the school. She could only be free if she had a vessel for her spirit to attach to. So really, the plan was not simple at all.

Deaton had explained that the vessel had to be an object of importance, an item that one would struggle to let go of. That was the troubling part. The pack wanted to help the girl..but they couldn't just give up those tokens. However, a certain beta was willing enough.

"I can do it."

"Liam-" Scott tried.

"No, I get it. You guys can't give these things up, but I can. And I'm willing to do it." His outburst did shock the pack, but his courageousness made them prouder.

"Liam, do understand that if you do this, what you sacrifice may not be recovered," Deaton explained, making sure that he understood.

"I do. She would be proud anyways."

"Wait wait wait. Who?" Stiles was confused, more like the whole pack was confused.

"Well, the thing I'm quote on quote "sacrificing" is my grandma's necklace. She believed in doing whatever it took to do the right thing, even if it meant losing something."

Quite astounding, isn't it? The young beta who was thrown into the supernatural world with no warning, was brave enough to give up the last piece of his relative for a girl who died years ago. Of course everyone else didn't know what to say. A freshman was willing to do what they as juniors couldn't.

"Well, what do we have to do?" Lydia cut in.

///

Gabby was nervous, who wouldn't be? She had the chance to finally leave the high school, to be able to see Beacon Hills again. But would it work? She didn't want to get her hopes up.

"Gabby? You with us?"

"Huh? Sorry. What's happening?"

"Weeelll, Deaton said that you and the person who is giving up the object, which is Liam, must stand in the center holding the object, the necklace, while the rest of us chant the Latin phrases." Lydia explained to Gabby.

"Giving up? What do you mean giving up?"

"Don't worry about it." Liam didn't want the girl to feel bad when he really wanted to help her.

"But-"

"Really it's okay." The two had a moment gazing into each other's eyes, before being interrupted by Stiles.

"Oookaay, let's get this show on the road."

Don't be afraid Gabby. Whatever happens, happens.

The group decided to do the ritual right by the school doors, an easy way of figuring out if Gabby could leave.

"So, what happens if you leave right now?" Scott needed to know, in case of succession or failure.

Gabby walked past the doors, trying to leave, only to somehow be put halfway down the hallway. She knew what to expect, as she tried leaving the first day of being there. The endless cycle of running and tears. The frustrated screaming. Running and running until she finally broke.

"That happens."

///

"Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." Make this work,please God make this work.

Liam and Gabby stood in the center of the pack, the two of them holding onto the necklace. The simple heart shaped pendant dangling. Those surrounding joined hands and started the chant.

"ergo liberi eius erunt

ergo liberi eius erunt

set in hac sacrificium est anima eius!"

Light started to emanate from the necklace, a strong wind forming along with it. The bright light spread along Gabby, creating a white aura around her. The wind became rougher, hair was being whipped around. And then....nothing. No wind, no light, but the necklace now lay upon Gabby's neck. The diamonds seemed to sparkle brighter than before. There was hope.

"I think it worked?"Stiles wanted it to have worked, but he didn't want to get the girl's hopes up.

"We HOPE it worked, Stiles." Lydia countered.

"There's only one way to find out

Scott motioned the pack outside, him and Kira keeping the two doors open. Gabby was left inside, bracing herself for whatever may come next.

You can do this. You've been through worse. What's one last hope going to do?

She stepped closer and closer to the door, closing her eyes at the last second. She stepped through. Opening her eyes, she expected to be back in the hallway again. Instead, she found herself beneath the night sky, cool air surrounding her. She took a few more steps, assuring herself that this was indeed real. She let out a tearful laugh. She took off running and screaming. But who could blame her? She finally had the freedom she deserved.

Gabby tackled Liam in a hug, causing them to fall to the ground.

"I don't know what you had to give up and I am really sorry you had to, but thank you. I don't know how I'll make it up to you."

"Y-You don't have to."

"I'll find a way, I promise you that."

It was cute, the way they were looking at each other, you would have wanted a picture to capture the pureness of the moment.

"You know, this is nice and all, but we have an evil shape-shifting ex-boyfriend of yours to stop," Stiles once again interrupted.

This caused the two freshmen to scramble off the floor.

"Right. What do we have to do now?" Gabby asked.

"We have to go to the Nemeton." Scott stated.

"So we have to go there, where my body is going to magically appear because the Nemeton "notices" me, and then I have to chant some Latin? If I can leave the school, why can't we just ignore that step?"

"Because nobody sees you." Malia bluntly said. Ouch.

"Malia!"

"What? She asked."

"Okay, so others don't see me, but you guys can? This is some supernatural bullshit. Let's get it over with."

With one part of their plan completed, the pack and Gabby were confident the next would work. They were going to split up and drive towards the woods. It would have been suspicious to leave cars in an empty school parking lot.

"Holy shit! I call riding in that Jeep and I will be using the 'I was stuck in a highschool for years" card."

"Yes! Stiles wins, Jeep for the win!" Stiles threw his fists in the air out of celebration. "Can I keep you? Scott, can I keep her? She's the best."

"Uhm, I don't think you can keep her Stiles."

"If staying with him means the Jeep, then I will do it."

"Stiles wins!"

////

Beacon Hills changed as Gabby spent her time locked away. She noticed one of the diners she used to hang out at closed down, cars looked different, and people definitely dressed different. She was stuck staring out the window, looking at how much the town she grew up in changed. Of course Stiles, Scott, and Liam noticed, but what could they say? She lost so much of her life and the people in it. The pack knew loss, but Gabby in a way, lost more. There was no prom with her best friends, no Senior trip, none of the great memories you experience in highschool.

Before she knew it, the town turned into woods and the Nemeton was closer. And soon enough, everybody would be able to see her again. Especially Jason.