4

The pack was curious, curious as to how someone who died could still be walking the earth. Before the pack met back at the school, Scott decided to take a trip to Deaton's to discuss Gabby. He found the whole situation strange. The girl has been stuck at a high school with people pretending to set her free.

Getting to Deaton's was easy, but explaining the whole situation would be...difficult. How does one explain that a ghost exists and you happen to know her? But he did his best, all Scott wanted to do was help the poor girl. He didn't know how it felt being stuck in a place for eternity, and he certainly didn't want to know.

"So you're saying this girl was reported dead years ago, but she is stuck here and haunts the high school?"

"Basically. But I want to help her, I can tell she hates it there. I mean, all these years being stuck in a highschool of all places. It's just, how do we even help her? I know of werewolves and banshees, but a ghost? That's one of the things I least expected to exist."

"Well, I think I know how to help you. I've dealt with a ghost or two before."

////

Gabby didn't know how to feel. She was finally about to speak her truth. Others may have tried to free her from her high school prison, but she told them lies about her death. She could always sense something off about them. But with Scott? She was sure she could trust him, he seemed so genuine. One thing she was sure about was the boy her age. He seemed kind and trustworthy, she trusted him the most. All he asked from her was her trust, he didn't want anything from her. Not unlike all the others from the past. Speaking of said boy, Gabby noticed the pack walking towards her spot on the bleachers.

"You actually showed up on time," Gabby commented. The air around them became uncomfortable. The pack didn't know what to respond with. They knew Gabby had been through some rough times from her tone with Stiles, but they didn't know how badly they affected her.

"Yeah, well, you can never pass up the opportunity to hear a ghost story," Stiles tried to clear the negative aura. It worked as Gabby gave him a small smile.

"Just prepare yourself, it isn't the happiest story you'll hear. Sure I've had my moments, but the ending..." Gabby trailed off. She didn't know how to warn them that her death wasn't the most normal one. She could only hope they wouldn't abandon her once they learned what happened.

"It's okay," Scott assured her.

Okay Gabby, you got this.

"Okay, as Stiles may know, I died kind of a long time ago. 2005 to be exact-"

"Wait, you're supposed to be 20?!" Stiles interrupted.

"Yes, why is that so hard to believe? I told you I've been stuck here."

"Fine, fine. Continue."

"It was my freshman year, it was supposed to be my fresh start. And it was...sort of. I met some of the kindest people. But there was one person who completely took over my mind. He was the best, he went out of his way for me. And I thought we were meant for each other. But it was all lies, he was taking advantage of innocent little Gabby. She didn't know, she was so excited that someone was finally interested in her. I was blinded by this so-called love. He took me to the forest on a "date". Took me to this tree stump saying he found this secret room below it. I was an idiot and followed him in. Then he revealed himself."

\\\\

"Cool isn't it?" he asked.

"I guess so, when did you find this?"

"Oh, I've always known about it, just had to find the right person to bring. And you Gabby, are perfect."

"Really?"