Part 1

"Do you have your pills?" Mother asked, digging through my suitcase. I sigh annoyed and nodded.

"Yes, I have them," I pull the pills out from a small compartment in the suitcase, a zipper she neglected to open. She sighed.

"You know what could happen if you forget them Y/n, don't forget to come and pick them up,"

"Why can't I pick them up myself?" I ask, I never understood why they had to pick them up for me. She scoffed.

"The pills are in your father's name remember? It would take too long to put it in yours."

Y/n didn't know if that was true, but she knew not to push it. She just must feel like I won't come to visit if she doesn't have something to keep me coming back. Which is sadly true. My mother and father are both very controlling, now that I'm old enough, I'm getting the hell out of here. I'm now 20 and had a job since I was 17. I didn't tell them I was working, they'd try to get me to quit.

"Just remember to take these, call every day, no boys," She says like I was going to a slumber party. "If anything happens your coming right home,"

"Mom I'm twenty," I frown, she sighs.

"I'm just gonna miss you!"

"You know where I'm going," I huffed, zipping my bag closed. The first thing I wanted to do was quit these pills. I had no idea what they were, my parents never told me even after all these years of taking it, ever since I was 12. I couldn't just go cold turkey, I'd have to slowly stop. Then I could cut out my 'family'. They've been nothing but controlling, manipulative, and cruel. But they always try to cover it with 'oh were caring for you!'

"You packed light," Father spoke, looking at the two bags.

"I want a fresh start," I lie, I'd rather not bring a bunch of things that reminded me of this place. Father frowned and kept quiet. I grabbed my bags, I'm ready to leave. I didn't tell my parents about the roommate, and they didn't need to know. He was going to move in with me at the apartment for a while and split the bill fifty-fifty. They find out I'm screwed.

"You sure you don't want a ride?" Mother asked I shook my head quickly.

"I'm good, I'll take the bus,"

"I hate the bus, you know how many homeless people take the bus?" Father spat. I bite my tongue. I'm so close to freedom, I just need to wait.

"It will be fine," I said, grabbing my bags. "I gotta go or I'll miss it,"

They reluctantly let me leave, I held my breath as I walked to the bus stop. I waited for the bus, and never took a breath until I took a seat on the bus. I exhaled my held-in-breath, and let out a small sigh of relief. I'm free! I grinned till it hurt, I must have looked crazy but I didn't care. The weight that pinned me down was gone. I pulled out my phone, to see a text from my soon-to-be roommate. When I came to rent the room, he was going to rent it as well but came right as I left. Turns out he was desperate and managed to find my number. He struck up a deal about being roommates, and how he'd split the bill, and pay me extra. I was surprised but was desperate for the money. My job only paid me so much. So I agreed.

"I should be able to come by sometime today with my things,"

I smile at the text. I can't wait to meet him. We have been texting back and forth since he first texted her. His name was Victor, he explained he couldn't stay at his home, and needed an apartment to stay at for a few months. I didn't mind, it would make me feel less alone while getting adjusted to my new home.