First Turf War and Lending a Tentacle

Rex put his clothes on before exiting his mansion. He is planning to once again visit Inkopolis Bay, due to being interested on competing in a Turf War for the first time. Instead of using either Despair or Cavaliere to get there, he decided to just run there, since it is faster to get there. Upon arriving just outside of it, he transformed into his Inkling form while hiding behind bushes before walking out of the bushes and into the city.

As he walked through the city, he pulled out his phone and checked his profile and status as a player in Inkopolis Bay, something he found out this morning. It shows he is X rank in all modes, and his level is 1*.

(To those who don't know, when you reached level 99, you go to Judd and he'll reset your level, but gave it a small star beside it, it basically means your level is higher than the maximum level, and sorry, the star emoji just don't fit in the number, so I just use *)

He sighed.

Rex: (I already guessed that the Merchant does this, at least he's nice enough to make my level and ranks the same as the ones I have in Splatoon 2, so people won't bother me about being low-level and ranked).

Although, he currently does not have any weapons needed to play Turf Wars or Ranked Battles, so he need to go to the weapon shop and buy a weapon needed to play in them. He saw a shop next door to other shops, namely the shops for other gears, called 'Ammo Knights'. Seeing it, he walked towards it and entered it, seeing a variety of weapons on shelfs. He heard a cheerful voice said.

???: Hello! Welcome to Ammo Knights!

This caused to look down to see the source of the voice, which is revealed to be a short, humanoid horseshoe crab wearing a scout uniform and brass binoculars. He remembered him to be called Sheldon.

 He remembered him to be called Sheldon

Sheldon smiled before asking.

Sheldon: What weapon are you looking for today?

Hearing the question, Rex put a hand under his chin and began thinking about a weapon type that would suit him. As a Splatoon player, his play style is splatting and dodging his opponents with speed, while also trying to keep his distance, though will be able to fight in close-range as well. He told Sheldon.

Rex: The type that allows me to splat and dodge my opponents with speed, but able to fight in close-range as well.

Hearing his request, Sheldon put a hand under his chin, like Rex did just now, and began thinking. He snapped his fingers when a weapon came to his mind.

Sheldon: Ah huh! I know just the weapon you need! Wait for a moment, please!

He ran to a nearby shelf, which is full of dual pistols he knew as Dualies. Sheldon picked one pair before returning to Rex and showed the Dualies pair to him.