Presence decreed

He looked at the two girls one in pure white and other in blue, looking totally alike stood at the cliff side. Then as the girl in white kicked the girl in blue down the cliff. He kept looking at it with a bored expression. Humans are hypocrites and backstabbing scums who loved painting themselves as just and good. Watching something like this wasn't new to him.

Suddenly, just before the kick landed on her chest, the girl's eyes flashed and soon, her dull and lusterless eyes shined with a bright light as if she was suddenly filled with new life. Dimitri's eyes flashed with interest as he saw the expression on the face of the girl in front of him twisted to confusion, then to disbelieve and finally to mortification.

He followed her as she fell down into the forest. The fall looked painful, very painful even for a demon, what more a little girl with no magical power whatsoever. And for the first time in his life, he felt pity, that too not for one of his own kind, but a puny little human. Dimitri was startled by his own thought.

Dimitri Vanquez, the king of all demons was also the most ruthless of them all. Forget others, he had never shown any mercy on himself. He had always pushed himself to extreme, never letting a way out for himself except success. To feel pity on a puny human was really unheard of.

But the girl never screamed or cried, like she wouldn't show any vulnerability even in such great pain. He watched as the girl fainted and a few savage demons found her. These were the residents of the forest, salvage and corrupt to the core. Demons living in Forbidden Forest were mostly outlaws that ran away from them to escape punishments. So the talk of any morals on them was foolishness. So he knew exactly what's going to happen to the little girl. Maybe he could try to buy her instead. He'll just pay those those or the person who buys her double. At least she won't do anything she doesn't want to do under him.

But, why was this meek girl shown when he asked about the prophecy?

Maybe she'll encounter the prophecized demon.

He watched closely as the demons brought the little human into a broken old house and kept her on a rugged bed and fed her with some rejuvenation pills. Even in a beaten up state, with dirt all over her, this little girl looked a pure beauty. One can imagine her beauty when she is cleaned up. On top of that, he could also smell the fragrance of noble blood and virginity on her.

But instead of being aroused, he was worried for the girl. Because such girls can always bring out the sick and twisted side of a demon to corrupt such a pure girl. He had to take her away before she fell into wrong hands.

As he was making plans to rescue the girl, that same puny little human opened her eyes, without any drowsiness in them, like she never fainted at all. Dimitri was startled by her actions. He watched as she got up. He knew how painful it would be for her to move around right now.

Then everything that happened after that was way beyond his expectations. Here he was thinking of protecting the little girl, and there the girl was, running rampant on a killing spree. The more he watched, the more he got intrigued.

Before he wanted to save her because of pity. It was merely charity for him. But now he was genuinely intrigued by this little girl who looked defenceless and harmless but was a walking killing machine, even without any magical powers.

What would she do when she had magical powers?

Dimitri was dieing to find out. And with the fact that she bonded with such a dangerous beast, and of course the prophecy, he was sure that the girl wanted to cultivate. It didn't take a genius to understand that this girl was the prophecized Roosevelt. Especially after the amused sloppy half smile she gave when the prophecy was said.

Dimitri had to have this girl and personally help her cultivate. Finally, there was something interesting for him to do.

.....

The court session began after a short while. Dimitri entered the courtroom with his usual arrogance and sat on the throne with his majestic aura as usual.

The courtiers bowed properly before taking a seat.

"I've decided to take a personal maid servant." He announced before anything else was said.

Everyone looked at him shocked. He had numerous servants. But a personal maid was special. Personal maids were the women who took care of the personal needs of the king, including sexual and their position was way higher than a slave. It meant someone was finally going to have a taste of the mighty demon king. Forget humans, even demons would kill for this job.

"And I'm also gonna take her in as a pupil. I'll help her cultivate." He dropped another bomb. Causing another roar in the court.

Everyone knew that the demon king is the strongest being with black magic. And to be personally taught by him, even if it was a human with no magical ability at all, they could be able to become at least level four Soceress, if not six.

All the human slaves looked at the king with hopeful eyes. This was jackpot. Everyone wanted to know who the lucky one was.

"Who among them is the lucky bitch?" A female minister asked, not bothering to hide her extreme jealousy as she pointed at the maids in the palace.

"None. It is one of Markus' slaves." Dimitri replied.

Everyone was shocked yet again. A slave of a general was getting promoted to a personal maid of the king? The difference between them was of heaven and earth. But no one disagreed. In demon world no one cared about reason. Because they never bothered painting themselves pretty, they never thought anyone was below them because of status.

In demon world, strength spoke. Demons looked up to the strong and looked down on the weak. If the king has taken a fancy, the person should be something special.