Chapter 5:

Notes:

Hello, and welcome back! I cannot believe I am on the third chapter already this month. Normally, I would update monthly while other projects are in the metaphorical oven, but I seemed to be focused on this one for now. The plot bunnies have taken over my brain and don't seem to want to leave me alone for a while now! Anyone, help? Please?

The 'friendship' between Marik, Bakura and Yami has been an idea floating around in my head for a while, and I have wanted to explore the concept for a while now. While non-conventional, it is something that works and is sort of displayed in the relationship between Bakura and Marik, although the anime (not sure about the Manga) doesn't take the idea far at all.

Without further ado, let's get the part you've all been waiting for! Chapter 3!

-Anomalous123

—————————————

"Shut it off!" The angry voice of Joey Wheeler yelled from his bed. Yami startled awake, flailing slightly before he turned in his covers to glare up at Joey. The blond boy groaned, rolling over to free the pillow from under his head so that he could slam it over his ears. It did little to muffle the sound, so he sat up and threw the object right at Yami.

Frowning, Yami caught the object and pelted it back the way it came before he reached over and silenced his phone. He then picked it up and groaned. On the screen, it announced that it was the six missed calls and ten messages from his cousin in the past five hours. Dread gathered in the pit of his stomach as Yami thought how the taller teen will react when he finally caught him.

He scrolled down the messages, pressing on the voice mails as they appeared. Joey jumped and nearly fell off the bed as Kaiba's voice filled the room. He glared at Yami before his eyes shifted to the phone.

Missed call 23:37: 'Call me.'

Message at 23:45: 'Call me.'

Message at 00:00: 'Are you death! I said call me.'

Message at 00:10: 'What the hell are you playing at. Answer your damn phone!'

Missed call at 0:30: "If you don't answer this phone, I am going to…!'" There was the sound of surprise and then a grinding noise against concrete.

Missed call at 0:34: "I swear on my company, Atemu, if you don't pick up I am going to give a list of all the crimes your 'friends' have done to the police! This is important!"

Message at 0:59: 'Goddamnit, Atemu. This is not a joke. You better tell me where you are or else!'

Message at 1:20: 'Don't bother going into work later, you are fired,'

Message at 1:30: 'You better not be at Wheeler's place. I swear Atemu, if you are lazing about with that half-wit, I am disowning you!'

Message at 2:00: 'Stop avoiding me.'

Message at 2:30: 'Please, just ring me.'

Message at 3:00: 'Screw you, Atemu. You will never live up to the Kaiba name. You heartless bastard!'

Missed call at 3:10: 'Whatever you do, do not come back! Do not contact me from now one, just answer when I call!"