Chapter 6:

Yami watched as his friend dragged his feet in protest as he approached the apartment building. "This is crazy, this is crazy, this is CRAZY!" He muttered in a mantra sort of way. The blond was biting his lip, fingers clasped together in front of his chest as if he was praying to some kind of higher power that he would come out of this alive.

Yami sighed. "Stop being over-dramatic. We'll last longer than last time. Remember, you helped Marik find his brother and sister. And if that doesn't work, we have peace offerings." He held up the bags containing the different kinds of food Burger World sold. They had ordered more to accommodate another two hungry teens appetites. "That'll give us an hour, minimum!"

Joey lowered his hands, only to have them swing slightly by his side agitatedly. Yami closed his eyes, took a deep breath and started up the staircase.

————————————

On the third floor, a young Egyptian teen was sprawled out on the sofa. His face was lax, breathing normally as he slept the day away. He and Bakura had been up all night, trolling YouTube videos and scaring people on Tinder, so bad that they would think twice before using the app again.

Bakura yawned, trailing into the room and making his way into the bathroom. An evil laugh echoed through the apartment. He re-emerged a minute later, toothbrush hanging from his mouth to stare at the front door. Lowering the toothbrush, he wiped at his face before throwing the object into the bathroom and headed for the door. As he went, he spits the last of the paste into Marik's cup and dug a knife out from under the sofa cushions.

On the count of three, he yanked the door open and startled. Yami was standing there, a bag pulled up to cover his face, which Bakura had put a knife into. "Take your paranoia out on the food, why don't you," the smallest teen replayed dryly. He thrust the bag forward, "I need to use your place for a bit. THIS was payment before you chose to stab it."

Bakura blinked, then scowled. No one said anything for a moment. Yami shook the bag once more. The smell of food wafted into the apartment. Bakura's mouth watered.

"Food!" Marik shot up, bouncing over and taking the delicious treat. He snatched the bag from Yami's hand and inhaled the scent. He sighed. It had been a while since he had fast food.

Bakura rolled his eyes, then moved aside for his guest to come in. He shifted to a more alert position when he saw Wheeler heisting in the doorway, a stranger standing behind him. The red-eyed teen growled at the two. "Calm yourself," Yami warned. "Joey's harmless and seeks sanctuary. He's clean, but watch out for his fists- he packs a mean punch. Regardless, you owe him after he helped you find Marik's family." He turned to the oldest male present.

"Roland is under my command and is now doubling as my bodyguard. I warn you, he's armed; gun in his left pocket, although it is for mine and Joey's protection." Roland raised an eyebrow, surprised. Yami shook his head. It was best to warn Bakura; he really didn't act well to surprises.

From his spot on the sofa, Marik swallowed the chips and then threw a look at Yami. He frowned, eyes soft. "What the hell have you gotten yourself into?" He asked, voice grave. The started looks he got, caused him to turn to face the shortest full on. "You wouldn't come here if you didn't have to, especially with your guard dogs. So, I'll ask again. Yami, what the hell is going on?"

____________________________

Yami shifted uncomfortably, turning to make himself invisible to the blood eyes that seemed to be boring into his soul. He had just gotten up to explaining the attack inflicted upon Mokuba, only for Bakura to have yanked him into the kitchen and slammed the door closed behind them. The last thing he saw of his friends was a wide-eyed Marik, an ill-looking Joey and an ever stoic Roland.