Chapter 7:

Hello, and welcome back! I know it is late, but I have a good excuse! On Sunday 21st at night I got a call to say that I would be to Butlins the very next day for a week- and I have only just got back yesterday. There was no internet or service to post this chapter, and I had a lot of washing to get through yesterday before I could do anything else.

-------------------------------------

Joey shifted in from his seat on the sofa, unable to get comfy. The soft click of each puzzle piece slotting into place was the only noise present within the apartment complex- and it was slowly getting to him.

Even though he didn't like being around Malik and Bakura, he felt the loss of their absence within the building. At least, they had provided some background noise; Marik was playing on his counsel while both of the teens were giving running commentary of how Marik was doing. After a while, he had calmed enough to find the humour in the thief's quips and jabs at Marik's decisions and general game-play, while the boy had stubbornly trying to defend his honour.

Unfortunately, the distraction hadn't latest as the Egyptian teen had dragged Bakura out the door half-an-hour ago, barely giving Bakura time to throw threats over his shoulder; telling them not to touch anything within the apartment, or they would regret it. Apparently, Malik had received a call from his sister, informing them that she and Odien had touched down in Tokyo and was on their way to the Domino Museum.

As soon as the door had shut, Joey had relaxed into the sofa, sighing in relief. He had been on edge since entering the apartment. and had not spoken a word since then. Roland, who had come back from his 'walk', stood by the door, leaning against the wall with a blank expression.

"Master Yami cell phone is ringing," Roland announced moments after the aforementioned machine burst to life. "Maybe we should…?" He went to retrieved it from the coffee table, only for Joey to beat him to it.

"Na, I'll get it," the blond teen dismissed, reaching over to take it into his own hands.

He glanced at the screen and blinked. It was Tristan's caller I.D.

A picture of Yami, Tristan and Joey had taken up most of the screen. It showed Tristan and Joey, who had broad smiles upon their faces and posing for the camera, as they stood outside of the Domino Museum. Yami was frowning in the background, a map of said place open within his hands. He was half-turned, seeing what his friends were doing. This photo was taken on the day of the tri-coloured haired teen's job interview and the two had come along for moral support as well as the free exclusive tour afterwards.

He turned his head to face his friend and sighed; the boy was not going to finish any time soon. There were at least a dozen more pieces yet to go until the puzzle was complete and the game enthusiast was in the zone. With a roll of his eyes, Joey picked up the phone and answered it.

"Hey, Trist, what's up? I haven't heard from you in a week, man. How're things?" He started cheerily, feeling his spirits lift. It had been a few days since Tristan had left to see his grandparents in America for a couple of days and he missed having one of his best-friends around.

"I'm good. Grandparents are happy, loved the present by the way- make sure to thank Serenity for the idea! A spa day was something they've needed for a while!" Joey smiled at his friend's words. His little sister had a knack for knowing what different types of things people happy. A pang of anticipation filled him at the prospect of seeing his sibling again. Her date to get her eyes fixed was coming up, and he couldn't wait to be there when she first opened her eyes.