entry 002 ; kuroo tersuro

،، when the dawn arrives

────────────────────────────

Over the years you had managed to pull a good amount of all nighters. Whether that was to finish homework, or simply to find out the finale of a series you’ve come down to love. The night had kept you company more times than you’d like to admit, for various reasons. It was soothing, relaxing. It wasn’t as dangerous as the elders in your childhood days made it appear. Not many are able to appreciate the beauty of the night. Along with the night, you grew to love the sunrise as well. The first rays of sun made you feel like a little child in front of a Christmas tree.

Over the years you found yourself waking up at the crack of dawn, simply to admire the beautiful canvas mother nature created. Today was no different. Smiling to yourself, you opened your eyes and prepared yourself to struggle with the strong arms of your lover that always seemed to hold you in bed. But surprisingly there was no resistance. You took a look to your right only to be greeted with an empty bed. No, no, this is not one of those cliches where the love of your life decides to leave before you wake up.

Pushing the covers off of your body, you were greeted with the soft familiar morning breeze that you adored. You sat up in bed and looked around the room, you spotted the source of the breeze being the open balcony door. With a swift movement you stood up and walked towards the balcony door, deciding to close it until you saw the bare back of your lover. You would never admit it to him back his whole body appeared to be sculptured by the Greek gods. If you ever told him that he would never stop teasing you.

Your lover seemed to notice your staring and turned around smirking, a wave of confidence washing over him. “Like the view princess?” he said in his morning voice. You have always loved his morning voice, it was raw and raspy, a mixture of whiskey and honey, it never failed to make you weak on your knees. Blood rushed to your cheeks as you decided to ignore his comments and instead advised him to put something on before he caught a cold, something that earned a chuckle from the male.

He decided to not tease you any further, instead he took a hold of your wrist and softly pulled you towards him. He rested his chin on top of your head as his hands found their place at your lower back, while your arms hugged his torso and your head laid upon his broad chest. An embrace that you wished would last forever. There was nothing else that you loved more than being in his arms, you always felt safe, at home. You decided to close your eyes for a while, savoring this moment as much as you could.

A content sigh left his lips making you look up to him. “I can see why you love this hour” he said softly , earning a small peck from you. “I love you Tetsuro” you said, earning a surprised expression from your boyfriend. It was the first time in these two years of being together that you’ve said this whole sentence. Kuroo knew it was hard for you to speak your feelings so he never pushed you into doing so. Living together for the past six months, you showed him how much you loved him through your actions. Making dinner for the both of you, giving him a massage when he was tired, and actions like that.

However hearing you say those words, lit up a spark in him that he didn’t even know existed. Oh how he wished he could propose right on that moment. The surprise on his face didn’t last long, and soon turned into a smile. “I love you too kitten” he smiled and kissed you. After a few moments he – reluctantly – pulled away and pressed his forehead against yours., letting the oxygen invade your lungs once again.

You both just stood there, eyes locked with each other, lips a tad bit swollen and red. The sun was rising, hearts were beating fast, a moment to savor for a lifetime. Oh if only time could stop now. Unbeknownst to both of you, you were so starstruck with each other, perhaps in that moment the universe smiled and slowed time for a bit so the stars could see how real love looked like. No words needed to be said, the moment could speak for the both of you.

“Now let’s go get me my breakfast,” Tetsuro said breaking the silence and winking at you while he picked you up, placing you on his shoulder. How this breakfast goes, is up to you. It was moments like these when you told yourself you wouldn't mind spending as many lifetimes the universe gave you with Kuroo Tetsuro.