entry 005 ; miya atsumu

،، tale of another love,

────────────────────────────

So far, none of them knew how they ended up roommates. He was a rising volleyball athlete, his mind constantly thinking of how he should improve himself and polish his skills. As for her, she was deeply intrigued by arts, especially literature. A bookworm is what we would call her. A tad bit weird how the universe played its pawns for this game of chess. Two totally different people, but as the – cliché – saying goes : opposites attract.

Living with each other was not as much of a drag as it would appear to be. They had made some ground rules and had managed to pick some of each other’s habits. Many adjustments happened during their first year of living together. They would eat dinner together. Both of them would wake up around 5:30 am, he always went for a run and she simply picked up after his habit of waking up early. Often she would make breakfast for both, then dig into her books until he came back.

Fights were rare. Perhaps it was because of her patience. Even if he would come home mad about something that happened in practice she would either comfort him or let him be. None of them minded. They weren’t exactly friends, more like roommates. They appreciated each other’s company, knowing that someone will be there when you get home. As an unspoken promise, both of them decided to not go back to their families for the new year, rather they decided to spend the Christmas holidays together.

Here they are now, she is reading one of her many books, while he is watching a volleyball match, analyzing and receiving information. “’Tsumu, I’m gonna make some tea, want some?” the blonde male tilts his head to the sound of the familiar nickname. Somehow it sounds better when she said it. “Are you gonna make that good one? If so then pour me a cup please”. She hums in acknowledgment of his request. Drinking tea while relaxing is one of the habits he picked up from her.

While she makes the tea, the male takes notice of the open book his roommate was reading a while ago. Curiosity gets the best of him and he decides to take a little peak inside those open pages. Carefully he takes a look at the cover to see what she’s been reading lately. “Love letters from great men” reads the title. Although he’s not much fond of anything romantic, he doesn’t hesitate, and starts reading one of these many letters.

“Didn’t know you were into these things” he looks up to find the source of the voice. “I’m impressed” the young lady continues. “Just curious over what you’ve been reading these days” her heart didn’t fail to miss a bit hearing those words. Perhaps it was the tone of his voice, or the words itself that made her feel somehow, knowing someone was interested in her activities. “Well, you seemed kinda invested in it” she says and laughs a little bit while placing their cups down. The sweet scent of apple and cinnamon tea filling the space between them.