two

Beck

"Stupid," Beck heard her mutter as she ripped out another notebook paper. "So stupid."

He frowned.

"Why am I so stupid?" She reached up and tugged on her hair, throwing the notebook on the floor harshly.

Beck watched as she pulled her knees up to her chest, shaking her head, muttering, "stupid, stupid, stupid."

Stop saying that. He inwardly huffed. You're not stupid.

Jade sighed, reaching down and picking up her book to stuff it back into her bag.

"I don't wanna go home," she mumbled, kicking a random chair as she stood up. "He's gonna hit me again."

Beck's eyes immediately widened.

Who's gonna hit you again?

I'll beat his ass.

He then noticed her eyes filling with tears, and his heart broke.

Not being able to help it any longer, he went inside the classroom.

Her eyes widened as she saw him, and she lowered her head, slinging her bag over her shoulder once again.

"Sorry."

His brows furrowed. "What for?"

"I'm sorry," she repeated, brushing passed him and out the door before he had the chance to say anything more.

He just stood there, watching her disappear down the hall and out of his view.

~

He saw her again later that day, sitting outside on a bench, hunched over her notebook once again.

But what he wasn't expecting, was three college guys running up to her and one snatching the notebook out of her hands.

"Give it back!" She demanded, standing up immediately.

"These suck," one of them laughed, and Beck tried to contain his anger.

This is college, not kindergarten.

Bullying isn't necessary.

"Give it back," she repeated, her voice weak.

"You should stick to being a stripper," another one of the guys ran his eyes down her body. "That's definitely your stronger suit. Slut."

Beck had had enough.

He walked over to them, yanking the guy who called her a slut by the collar. "Say that one more time. I dare you."

"You shouldn't be defending her, man," another piped up. "She works as a stripper at the strip club down the street. I know, I've been there. But if you want a private session, she gets paid for that, too."

Jade was seconds away from bursting into tears, and Beck couldn't stand seeing her cry.

"I-I only do that to make money," she whimpered, and Beck's chest tightened.

"You do that because you're a pretty little slut," the one that Beck was gripping by the collar spat at her.

That's it.

In one movement, Beck landed him a quick, swift punch in the face.

Jade hated violence. She immediately gripped Beck's arm, looking up at him with big, pleading eyes.

Beck let out a sigh and pushed the guy away, and the three of them quickly ran away.

"I'm sorry," she told him again quietly, before walking away from him once again.

Her notebook staying on the dirty concrete, where the guy dropped it.

-----

ik jade is very ooc, but it will all be explained later on :)

comments make me happy!

-izzy