twenty four

Beck

"I'm going with you," he declared, parking the car and unbuckling his seatbelt.

"I can go by myself," Jade huffed, getting out of the car.

"Jade..."

"I'll be fine," she shot him a smile and shut the door, leaving him alone in the car and heading on inside the house.

But as soon as he heard the screaming, he rushed as fast as he could out of the car and slamming open the front door.

"You worthless little slut!" Jade's father screamed at her, and she looked up at Beck with wide eyes.

"Get the hell away from her!" Beck yelled, causing the man the turn his attention to the brown-eyed boy.

Her father smirked, turning back to Jade. "You really are a whore, aren't you?"

Jade averted her gaze to the floor, her cheek stinging with the previous slap.

"Don't you dare call her that," Beck growled, stepping dangerously close to the powerful man. "You don't know the things I can do."

Her father looked down at the scrawny boy in amusement. "Really? Please enlighten me on the things you could do, boy."

"I can call the cops right now," Beck answered without missing a beat. "And tell them what you've been doing to your daughter for the past few years. Not allowing her to eat. Abusing her. What kind of father are you?"

"She deserves it," the man scowled. "She's the reason her mother is gone!"

Beck looked at Jade, who had tears silently streaming down her cheeks.

"She killed her own mother!" Her father continued, and Beck looked between the two.

She never talked about her mother.

She couldn't have killed her own mother.

Right?

He stood his ground, looking up at the man angrily. "That doesn't make it okay for you to abuse her, mentally and physically. You can go to jail for this, and I will not hesitate to make that happen."

"I know you're only defending her because she's a whore," the man spat in fury. "Is she good in bed? Is that it?"

A soft sob left Jade's lips, and Beck could feel himself becoming angrier and angrier.

"I'm defending her," he swallowed thickly. "Because I love her."

He didn't take his eyes away from her father as Jade's head snapped up in shock.

"You don't know what love is," the man chuckled in amusement. "You're just a kid. But even if you did love her, it wouldn't matter. Because there's no way that she loves you back."

"I love her," Beck affirmed sternly. "And it doesn't matter if she doesn't love me back. Because no matter what, I will always love her. There's no changing that. I know what love is. Love is love. Love is what I have for her."

Jade wanted to cry, but not because she was upset.

She wanted to cry, because no one had ever loved her before.

And Beck knew it, too.

I love her.

"Call the cops, then," the man sneered. "See if I care. I'd rather be in a filthy prison, than look at my whore of a daughter one more time. But when she leaves you in the dirt, don't say I didn't warn you. She's nothing but a disgusting slut."

Beck ignored his words, other than call the cops.

And that's exactly what he did.

He pulled Jade to him protectively as cops came and took her father away in handcuffs, and she softly sobbed in pain into Beck's chest.

As long as she was in Beck's arms, she would always be safe.

-----

i went to sleep with 500 reads and woke up with 800 wth-

not many more chapters to go!!

feel free to comment your thoughts!

-izzy