NINETEEN- CELESTE: HONORED

The next morning me and Ezra both got up and started training in the quiet fields. It was only me, Ezra and Starship out there. The Loth-Cat ever loyal to Ezra, following him around, even hissing at me when I tried to pick the cat up. Our blades clashed together, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Focus, Celeste."

"I am!" I countered, pushing his saber off of mine.

"A Jedi is no good without focus."

"I know." I grunted, igniting my second blade, I put my saber in front of me to brace for his next attack. He charged at me, kicking my legs out from under me. I fell hard on my back, stunned, Ezra put his green blade in my face.

"If you just sit there you're giving me the chance to kill you."

"Okay, okay, I get the point, now let's get going." Ezra extended his hand out to me, I took it, his gloves smooth under my touch. He yanked me up to my feet, stepping a little ways back before igniting his emerald saber again. The green light splashed across the fields. I ignited my own blades, the violet light spreading like a fire through the dry grass.

There we stood, Jedi, training for a battle of a lifetime. I rushed at him, my saber clashing with his. Keeping the friction with his blade, I swung the second towards him. Ezra jumped back, deflecting my saber back towards me. I steadied my grip on the hilt before charging at him for another swing. I took him by surprise, thrusting my hand out in front of me to knock him back with the force. His back slammed into the ground, taking advantage of his position, I pointed the lightsaber at his face.

"Got ya."

"Stalemate." He said, I looked down at his blade, edging dangerously close to my stomach. I retreated my sabers back into the hilt, helping Ezra to his feet.

"Again."

***

The next hours were spent sparring, every swing, every dodge made us stronger. Starship was eventually joined by Rex, Hera and Kallus. They watched every blow that we took and every strike that we struck. Eventually, it ended with three ties, seven wins for Ezra and six wins for me. But I was getting better and better.

"Great job, kids." Hera said, seeming a little nauseated as she walked away.

"What's up with her?" I asked, Ezra shrugged before turning back to Kallus and Rex.

"You're skills with a saber are quite impressive." Kallus commended, my shoulders started to tense, I was still no completely comfortable with Kallus being here. I felt like I couldn't let my guard down.

"Thanks, it's taken a lot of practice."

"I can tell. You truly fight like a Jedi." He marveled,
"And I am honored to fight besides two Jedi."