ch. 3 // lukey

(not edited)

song of the chapter // atlas - shannon saunders

Luke's POV

The blank ceiling stared back at me as I stared at it. Hearing Charlotte's voice and images of her beautiful face swarmed my mind (wow I'm cliché as fuck). I groaned and rolled over on my side, my hand running though my untamed hair. I pulled at my lip ring, frustrated at myself that I was so hung up on a girl that I just met.

Look at you, Luke. Your squabbling over what? A internationally famous model that will probably never notice a boy from a small time boyband that doesn't know how to communicate with the female species.

Charlotte was also the exact opposite from me. I was from a punk rock band and she probably liked Lana Del Ray or One Direction. I wore band shirts and converse, and she probably wore designer sunglasses.

I smacked myself in the forehead and let my hand drag down my face. I dragged my hand over to my bedside table to pick up my phone. Maybe my phone can entertain me.

Clicking the home button to awaken my cell phone from it's sleep, many, many notifications were shown from all sorts of social medias. I ignored them, mentally reminding myself to check them later. Scrolling through my many useless apps, I decided to settle on Circle [1].

After dying about 100+ times I angrily quit out of the game and decide to ease my anger with a bit of Instagram. I went to the camera and put my thumb and index finger on my chin as if I were thinking. I took the picture and put the caption: "where can I find her?" and posted it. Immediately I got likes and comments and spam.

I smiled at that because of all of our fans where were the nicest, kindest, most "dedicated" people in the world and I know me and the rest of the band are forever grateful.

I went to my feed and scrolled through the photos of people, memes, fan art, fan pages, fans in general, and so much more. I moved fast but I got a glimpse of the same coffee shop face I saw and then froze. It was from before we met and she was posing with cardboard cutouts of the One Direction boys with the caption: "can't wait to see you babes" and hearts following.

I couldn't help but notice how she was standing close to Niall cutout and pretending to kiss his cheek. I tug of jealousy nagged at me as I stared at the picture. C'mon, Luke. YOU'RE GETTING JEALOUS OF A FREAKING CARDBOARD CUTOUT!

No longer looking at the picture, I had my finger hover Charlotte's account name. Did I really want to start thinking about her when I'm trying to forget her? Yes.

Before I could get anywhere close to her account, my door flung open and Michael, Ashton, and Calum flooded in.

"Stop stalking the model! We're going out." as Calum and Michael dragged me out of bead, Ashton tossed me a completely new outfit.

"Why do I need a new outfit? What's wrong with this?" I didn't think that a Nirvana t-shirt and sweats were a bad clothing choice.

Ashton rolled his eyes. "Don't ask questions, just change." I sighed, but complied, dragging my feet to the bathroom.

"Is this really necessary?" I asked as I was dragged out of my room and practically shoved into Calum's car.

"Well, my little Lukey, in your case, it is very much so necessary."

———————————-

Calum drove up to the same Starbucks that I met Charlotte in (damn me for remembering that) and quickly pulled us (more like me) in the store. Once Michael spotted a group of an all too familiar group, he grasped my wrist, and shoved my through the crowd, not caring who we knocked over.

"Here you go, lover boy. Work you awkward magic." Charlotte stood in front of me and all I could do was be the awkward 12 year old boy who just found out how menstruation works.

Holy crap 76 reads and three votes! You guys are AMAZING and I'm so grateful for it! I'm so sorry for the late updates and everything but I have a disease called writers blockidous. I'm sure some of you fanfic writers are familiar with it.

You might notice that I changed the casting of Lottie from Barbara Palvin to Cara Delevingne. For the story it just worked better that way.

I'm really hoping to get another 10 reads before I update again, but I don't want to be one of those writers who demand to have that before another update (alter ego: actually, you kind of are doing that anyways) so it doesn't HAVE to happen.

Again, thanks so much for putting up with everything and I love you all!

[1] Circle is such a fun game where you have to keep the circle from touching the line.