4

me looking at the jump in reads of this story after mentioning at the end of chapter 20 of BTL that there's gonna be more smut in this book: 👁👄👁

I'm kidding I literally got so happy. ok happy reading!

when Penelope Garcia takes me back to her tech lair, I almost laugh

when Penelope Garcia takes me back to her tech lair, I almost laugh. not in a mocking way, of course, but because it's somehow both exactly and not at all what I expected. aside from the many computer monitors, colorful stuffed animals and vibrant post-it notes litter the space.

"ta-da!" she grins, sweeping her arms. I stand in the doorway with a smile.

"this place is so cool!" I start to look around. I don't touch anything, but eagerly examine all her posters and fun pens.

"I know. and I keep a screensaver of kittens on this computer while I work." she hits a few keys and tiles of tiny cats fill the screen. my jaw drops.

"oh my god, that's so cute. I was gonna bring in my kitten calendar for my desk, but I think Morgan would tease me." I laugh. she grabs my shoulder and looks at me, shocked.

"what kitten calendar?"

"Animal Planet, I think."

"no way! me, too! I keep mine in my room." she tells me.

"I knew you and I would get along." I smirk.

we end up sitting in her swivel chairs, and she lets me play with a rubber sea anemone. as I spin around in the seat, she talks about the woman that Morgan has been seeing recently and how he's more whipped than ever before. I smile to myself as I listen to her talk, happy to not have a case today.

a few minutes later, JJ walks in with a pastry bag.

"Jayge!" Garcia cheers.

"hi, JJ." I smile. she sets the full bag on the desk.

"I come bearing gifts."

"trying to bribe your way into the party?" I tease. Garcia opens the bag eagerly and pulls out a croissant.

"oh, you are the best." she smiles as she bites into the flaky treat. I take a blueberry muffin and JJ nibbles on a popover.

"what are we talking about?" she asks.

"just Morgan's dating life." I shrug as I bite into my snack. JJ smiles and sits on the edge of the desk.

"oh, Savannah? she's delightful."

"he showed me a picture. if he doesn't lock that down, I just might." I joke. they laugh and then JJ seems to remember something. I watch as her expression goes from light-hearted to worried.

"have you guys noticed Spence acting weird recently?" she asks us. ever since telling the pretty boy off about being rude to me, he has been extra sullen.