I. Right Back Where We Started

[After much consideration, Elisa is back for a second book! This will follow the same format as the other books I've been working on.

Welcome, folks, to Chaos Surrounding!]

March 18, 1961

Elisa fell through a blue mass and landed in an alley.

She stood and looked around. "Five? Diego? Klaus? Vanya?"

No one answered, of course, and she watched as the mass disappeared, trapping her in a foreign time to her.

She exited the alley and walked along a street, trying to find something. Anything.

Tobias Stanton exited Stadler's and nearly rammed into the blonde woman.

"Miss, are you all right?" Tobias asked.

Elisa frowned. "What year is it?"

He stared at her a moment, brow furrowed. "1961. Are you sure you're all right?"

She nodded. "Yeah. I need to find my family."

"I think a coffee might do you some good, first. I'll buy."

She looked at him and smiled. "Thank you. Elisa Hargreeves."

"Tobias Stanton. Pleasure to meet you, Miss Elisa."

"On April the first, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Billions of people were wiped out in a matter of minutes. Ironically, the eight survivors of the apocalypse were the very siblings who had brought it on."

"Hold on!" Five cried. "This could get messy!"

Elisa closed her eyes, bracing for possibly the most terrifying experience of her life; and she'd had several.

1960

Klaus and Ben fell through the portal in an alleyway.

As Klaus groaned and sat up, he said, "That was-"

"Exhilarating," Ben finished.

Ben stood. "Where's Five?"

Klaus stood as well and looked at the blue mass of energy as he waved his hands in front of it. "Five! Diego! Allison! Elisa!" The blue mass disappeared. "Where is everybody?"

Klaus and Ben started walking as the former said, "Oh, they're gone. They're gone like a fart in the wind." he whimpered. "Poof."

The brothers exited the alley as Klaus added, "It's just me and you again. Great. So where the hell are we?"

As they walked, Klaus asked, "Are hats back?"

Ben turned. "I think the question is, "When are we?""

Klaus ran up to a man walking in a crosswalk. "Hey! Hey! Sorry to bother you. Could you tell me what year this is, or what day?" The man walked away. "Rude."

Ben walked towards a trashcan and the former called, "Klaus! Get over here."

"Yeah?"

"Look."

Klaus reached into the trashcan. "Yeah, I mean, he's pretty my type, but I'd have to see him from the shoulders down."

"The date, you idiot."

"Oh, yeah," Klaus said. "February 11, 1960. 1960." He looked at Ben.

"Shit," the two men said.

Allison fell through a blue energy mass in 1961. As she walked away, a man took a picture of her from his window.