VII. Öga For Öga

EXT. STREET

1982

Five walked along the street, looking at the address he'd received from the Handler.

INT. BUILDING

Five entered and said to a woman, "Excuse me."

The woman stood straight. "Uff da. You snuck up on me there. If you're looking for the cookies, we don't put 'em out till 3:00."

"I can hardly wait. Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society is meeting?"

"Sure you. Muskellunge Banquet Room. You looking for your mom? She in for the convention?"

"Hey, could I get some change?"

"Oh, sure, I'll just look in my purse." Five handed her the money and exhaled slowly. "Only a nickel and a couple of dimes. Oh! You... are... in... luck, mister." she chuckled softly as she handed him the change.

"You know, some say the best luck is to die at the right time." He walked away and walked through the halls.

He made his way to a vending machine and inserted the coins. He tried getting a Fudge Nutter, but it got stuck. He hit the machine and shook it.

Five scoffed. "Come on! Stupid mother Fudge Nutter! Fuckin' Fudge Nutter!" he grunted and shook it, causing other packages to fall.

He kicked the vending machine and the glass broke and he walked away. As he did so, he passed a cake and swiped his finger along the bottom and licked the frosting off his finger.

He came upon a room and noticed an axe. He grabbed it off the wall and sighed.

As he entered, AJ said, "Let's move on to article 17, please." AJ noticed him. "You!"

"What's he doing..." a woman began.

"Call security!"

The axe thwacked as Five cut the arm off the woman who was going to call security and she yelled.

"No!" AJ yelled as the dial tone hummed.

Five used the axe on everyone while spatial jumping and killed everyone except AJ who ducked under the table.

AJ poked his head up as Five spatial jumped on the table in front of him. "She sent you, didn't she?"

"Does it really matter now?" Five asked.

"Whatever she offered you, I will double it, triple it."

"I'm not doing this for money." He raised the axe and an attendant shrieked as she knocked him to the ground.

Five struggled with the attendant and grunted. "Get off me!"

"You're gonna pay for that vending machine, little mister," the attendant told him.

"Yeah?" Five elbowed her face and escaped her grasp. "I don't wanna hurt you, all right?"

She punched him. "Hurt me? Oh, I ain't afraid of you, you little pus ball."

Five punched her, knocking her out. He realized AJ was gone and muttered, "Shit."

He grabbed another weapon and ran from the room.

AJ ran through the halls and panted. He gasped when Five spatial jumped in front of him and said, "Surely we can come to some form of agreement that benefits both parties. Quid pro quo? What do you say?"

"Why not?" Five replied. "Here's your quid." He smacked AJ's stomach with the wooden handle and AJ shrieked. He hit AJ's leg and AJ fell with a groan. Five sighed.